Options

water damage to sloped floor behind bed

I have a 2019 T@B 320-S and recently had to change the right LED turn signal light.  In the process of trying to figure out the problem, the molding cover for the light was removed and replaced 3 times. The soft sealant at each of the long screws is kind of a mess by now.  I suspect this is a source of the leaking and would like to replace that sealant but cannot find anything like it at my local hardware or automotive stores.  Please advise me on what kind of product I should purchase.  Also the rubber molding across the back was bulging in one place and a screw was working loose underneath.  The dealer tightened the screw while I was there for something else but I wonder if this could also be a source of leak.

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2021
    @jtalarek, the following discussion thread may be of interest:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/131683#Comment_131683

It sounds like what you are describing may be "butyl tape," which is easy to find.  I believe it is mentioned in the above discussion.

As far as caulking, my understanding is that nüCamp uses a marine type urethane or polyurethane based caulk.  You should not use silicone for sealing the exterior/fiberglass, because it won't provide a permanent fix (it eventually will degrade or separate from the surface it is applied to, plus it does not adhere properly to fiberglass.)

P.S.  I recall that @simonseyz previously posted that Naphtha (e.g.,  "VM&P Naphtha") works well to remove butyl tape.  I have never personally used it, so you might want to test it on an inconspicuous area first.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    jtalarekjtalarek Member Posts: 19
    Thanks so much.  Your response and link were very helpful.  Also, Austen at NuCamp Service identified Geocel 2300 MHRV as the flexible sealant used at the factory.  Once I get some I will remove the silicone sealant and start over.