Options

Quality control issues on 2021 Tab 320 BD

Hi all!
After returning from our third short trip with our new 2021 Tab 320s BD,  my wife pulled out the Boondock step and a nut and washer fell on the ground.
I got under the step and found the nut-less bolt and  tightened all the nuts on the step as well, as a few would have met the same fate. Not sure why the manufacturer didnt use nylock nuts on this application. Owners might want to check tightness on all step nuts.

While under the trailer, i also noticed the wiring to the electric brakes was almost touching the tire, on the passenger side.I was able to push the wire back into the grommet, but will tyewrap these wires so they dont get rubbed by the tire(s).

I let NuCamp know about these issues.

Photos attached.

Be well!
Brent

2021 Tab 320s Boondock-2016 Toyota Venza V6
Toronto, Canada

Comments

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    Thanks, I will check mine tomorrow. Already disabled the step light and didn't notice any of them loose but I will check again.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Regarding the brake line I had a more severe occurrence of your issue. Posted about it here:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/171036#Comment_171036

I also had one nut and lock washer not completely tightened on our step. Luckily I noticed before ever using the trailer. 

Welcome to “rv industry standards”.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    brianbbrianb Member Posts: 8
    Our experience with loose nuts on our new our new 2021 Tab 320s BD. Driving along on our 2rd trip, hear unusual noise coming from behind. Finally find a place to safely pull off and find one side of the front stabilizer assembly dragging on the road on the door side. Luckily the 2 bolts holding up the stabilizer assembly to the bottom of the trailer on the other side held. Looking underneath the 2 nuts missing. Must have been loose from the factory. I manage to tie up the stabilizer assembly with some rope for the remainder of the vacation replacing the nuts when we got home. After that experience, went around to all nuts underneath to check tightness. Nucamp is replacing the damaged stabilizer swivel foot.
    2021 TAB320S Boondock
    2021 Ridgeline
  • Options
    Alt_TabAlt_Tab Member Posts: 12
    We have had our fair share of minor annoyances for sure on our 320.

- screws not driven in correctly 
    - fan lock knob broke and fell off on day 3
    - overly soft front seat cushions
    - door porthole window cover fell off in heat as the 2 sided tape was poor
    - exterior front handle cover flew off ...somewhere ..

We love the trailer but these issues are frustrating. 
  • Options
    jcrystaljcrystal Member Posts: 32
    I too had trouble with brake wiring on passenger side; tire rubbed off outer protection but I caught it before too much damage done, taped it back closer to the hole it comes through
    2021 TAB 320S  Boondock
  • Options
    mail4vaughnmail4vaughn Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    I have also noticed quality issues on my 2021 320S BD. the bathroom door is very tight to close at the top, force is needed to completely close the door or pull it open because it is not installed straight. Also one the screws on the door frame at the bathroom door latch was screwed in at an angle (i have since fixed screw) which left a large gouge on the door.
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    We have the same problem with our shower  door, it is not plumb and hits the jam at the top as your does.  We're on the road at present but when we return, I plan on taking the top two hinges off (one at a time) and use a vise to slightly alter the hinges to eliminate the top drag.
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    @Passport...from the photo you attached it appears that the framing is not plumb. It may be possible to true it up with the hinges, but before you do you should measure the width of the opening across the bottom and at the top of the door. That might lead you to consider other options for truing that up.
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    Good idea, thanks!  I Wii measure top and bottom!
  • Options
    GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    I purchased a one year old 2021 400 BD and am very happy with the quality so far.  Almost no quality control issues to date.  Like many others, I chose NuCamp not only for the design but for the reputation for high quality construction.  If I had read this forum regularly prior to purchase, perhaps I might have been discouraged from such high priced purchase.  

These are tough times for any manufacturer.  I do not know if NuCamp reads through this forum or if the Admins report back to them; however, I would suggest they consider issuing a statement reaffirming their commitment to quality control and outline steps they are taking to do so.  No company is likely to survive selling a high price item without a real commitment to quality control.  I would hope that they would get out ahead of this and take ownership for today's challenges while reaffirming their commitment.
    2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY
  • Options
    Da_BirdsDa_Birds Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2022
    One thing I am very grateful for is living near a NuCamp only dealer. Our trailer came with an extensive checklist of things the dealer inspected upon delivery which is very specific. It included checking to ensure many things were tightened and spaced to spec, power system readings where in spec etc. They even apply some additional calk in trouble areas and take it for a test drive. The walk through was also very extensive and covered everything from basic operation to troubleshooting common problems. Important information that is commonly needed to be referenced in user manuals was highlighted and even contained clarifying notes. Before we left with our trailer I asked if there was anything we needed to do before we camped in it besides pack it up. They assured us the trailer was ready to go but then stopped and asked if we needed help getting our break controller adjusted. Our buying experience was not at all like those I hear commonly told.
    We did have to wait on cushions to be delivered but that was not the dealers fault. The only warranty issue we had was losing a handle cover on our second trip and a replacement was delivered from NuCamp in a matter of couple days after emailing the dealer.
    2021 T@B 320CSS Boondock - "Chirping Bird"
    2018 Chevy Colorado - "Dad's Truck"