Options

Two questions

CorbinpiloCorbinpilo Member Posts: 21
We recently purchased a 2015 T@B S and have read this forum for months while awaiting our unit. This forum is a wealth of information! Thank you! 

We recently completed our first camping trip without issue (because of the knowledge shared here). We had no issues with the tent room or trailer. 

Hiwever we did notice that the area between the sink and Norcold did get very warm while the Norcold was running. The right side of the sink was very warm. Is this normal? We were connected to 30amp power and running the Norcold on its coldest setting. 

Also, how level does the Norcold need to be to operate properly? We ensured it was plum but I'm curious because a podcaster who drives a Class B said the new fridge in Sprinter vans don't have to be level. Different RV and maybe a different fridge but it made me wonder about our 3-way Norcold.  

We are preparing for our next trip. We are heading to Colorado soon. 

Thanks, 

Chris & Gina
Columbus OH 
T@B S

Chris & Gina 
2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    On the first issue, counter heat - There's been a couple threads lately with rather lengthy discussions of this issue and it's basically the Norcold doesn't vent the heat out the side vent enough so the factory has come up with an aux. fan that can be installed behind the vent to draw that hot air out. You can either talk to your dealer about getting that installed or call the factory directly and have them ship the kit directly to you and you can do it yourself if you're handy or your dealer is a little two far away. It's a free kit.

On the second - now this isn't officially... I've heard you don't need "exact" - you can be a quarter to a half bubble off.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply PXLated. 

Chris &  Gina 
    Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Our experience is a little different than PXL's...finding the Norcold requires the T@B be pretty darn level...but that may be related to us often camping above 8,000ft.  And please enjoy our home state on your vacation!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    That could be, more sensitive the higher you are - luckily the T@B fridges have the high altitude kit I hear otherwise no din din for you.
  • Options
    Thanks DurangoTaB, I'm sure we will. We are visiting our daughter who recently moved to Estes Park. 

PXLated, we ordered the vent/fan from LG today. No charge. We also ordered and paid for bed rails and slats. Nice to know they will still make them. 

Chris &  Gina 
    S Max
    Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    Corbinpilo - Have to talk to anyone special at LG about the fan kit?
  • Options
    Asked the LG factory receptionist who transfered me to Elsie Ext 304. She was my main point of contact but did confer with Ed Kaufman for some of my Norcold questions.  

Chris 
    Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Our experience is a little different than PXL's...finding the Norcold requires the T@B be pretty darn level...but that may be related to us often camping above 8,000ft.  And please enjoy our home state on your vacation!

I discovered the same thing, J.D. It is more sensitive in your neck of the woods.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014