Options

New Member of the Clan

txbrowntxbrown Member Posts: 7
My 2021 320 CS-S order arrived about 2 weeks ago. Finally picked it up Friday. I have been a "woody" teardrop camper for 10 years. Ordered this version to provide my dear wife a bathroom. I have been reading topics for 3 months preparing for now. Thanks to all for the great advice and instruction. 
2021 320 CS-S Boondock  I   2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Welcome!

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Welcome aboard @txbrown!
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @txbrown, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer. If you get a chance, post a pic. Remember if there's no pic, it didn't happen. We'd all love to ooh and ahh over your rig!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    @txbrown congrats on your new T@B and use this forum as folks here are very helpful. And put up a picture (but not too large  :)

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Thank you all for the welcome. Spending the day installing trailer brakes on truck, surge protection, lining shelves, stocking the kitchen and bathroom, etc. getting ready for the 1st trip. “Almost” as much fun as camping.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @txbrown congratulations and welcome to the Tab family! Keeping your wife happy is always a good thing! I went from tent to my 2017 320S and never looked back! Camping with your own wet bath is a wonderful thing! Have fun with your new Tab, and as @dragonsdofly said, pictures or it never happened! I’d love to see pics of your woody, too! (I use the Image Size app to get the pics I post to 600x800 pixel or less for posting to this forum.)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options

It did happen. Spent yesterday going through it, lining shelves, installing an EMS, testing everything. Battery was at 11.8v even though it had been disconnect through switch since leaving the dealer, so chasing all the leak points. TV fell off the wall when extended - wasn’t anchored. Ordered a Battle Born 100 ah and new shower head for boondocking. 

My woody will be tough to sell. Spent a lot of years in the mountains and on the beach in this girl. She will be missed. 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @txbrown great pics! There are a few phantom power draws in the Tab. Some have installed a power switch to the radio/dvd player. I installed a cut off switch to the television, a three minute mod. I’m sure there’s a few more, I just don’t remember them all. I’m also usually plugged into shore power. Happy Camping! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @txbrown And you may want to confirm your solar is working, as that should be enough to overcome any phantom loads...  not a 12V fridge or anything major, but it should be enough for the radio, etc. and to keep the battery topped off.  As you've read, a lot of folks like the Victron Battery Monitor to keep an eye on things, if you don't have one on order yet.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart. Thank you for the tip and the picture. I plan to install a switch. I really like the one you installed, simple and effective so I’ll look to locate on of those. For now, I pulled the fuse.
    @DougH. The T@B is being stored in a double wide trailer storage enclosure with only the front open at my FIL’s home, so no solar. He has electric run to the unit but I didn’t ask because I hadn’t yet installed the EMS. Good thing because I didn’t expect that much draw and it forced me to realize what was going on. I also found that the refrigerator was turned to 0 but was still on. The switch wis not completely lined up with the scale and a quick nudge seemed to turn the power. I am still working through the 2 way only logic for boondocking but I guess with proper solar, I guess I can see the logic. 
    My woody had virtually no draw other that the fantastic fan after i changed out the lights to LED and was so well insulated that I had to leave windows cracked. My dog would go in before I did and have it all nice an toasty when winter camping.