Discussion Round-Up Rodeo!

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
edited February 2016 in Help - Computer & System
Howdy folks!  

Just a friendly reminder when posting new topics to the forum, please take a moment and post your discussion in the area that is most relevant to the subject matter discussed (e.g. electrical/battery related in electrical, questions about products in the product area, technical/maintenance related issues in the technical discussion area, travel and pics in that area, trailer upgrades/improvements in the teardrop conversion area, etc.).  

We've had many topics posted in the help area recently and this area is really intended for computer related/forum operating problems.  Should you need help with trailer related items, please check the discussion areas and post new topics in the area that best fits the discussion.  By doing so, this helps out other members who are looking for help and assistance with similar problems in the future.  

And as moderators and admin, we do occasionally move topics around (to the proper discussion areas) as time permits, but with the number of members posting the above becomes even more critical and your help and cooperation will make a big difference here and is greatly appreciated!  

Thank you!
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited July 2015
    Mike, mind if I add a bit here? Otherwise delete it!

Also, please try to make the subject line of postings clear and appropriate to what you're trying to discuss, so that skimming the thread titles will give a person an inkling of whether they are interested in the subject at hand.

(Also try to stay on topic when adding to the discussion. I'm sure I'm one of the biggest violators of this...)

Thanks Mike. I hope I didn't hijack your thread... B-)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2015
    That's an excellent point Chan...  The discussion titles are the key and if people ask a question about something the title should reflect the question asked.  By doing so it makes it easier for others to reference information that can be quickly found, can help eliminate duplication and can be used at a later date.  

Staying on topic is a good idea, but this group is pretty balanced and people like to have fun, so agree that it's easy to jump the track and head off in another direction.  

And since people do like to search for information and our search function isn't the best, we end up with duplicate discussions and that is okay.  I would stress to new members that by using "one word" searches this will yield better results.   

The moderators and I will continue to move threads when possible but by creating an awareness it will also make others aware of the issue and it'll make our jobs easier.  I've found some of my own discussions that I incorrectly placed in the wrong discussion area, so it's easy enough to do.   :)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ