Options

Nonslip shelf liner recommendations?

I'm still pretty new with my T@B (2018 320S Boondock) and moving things around to find an arrangement that works for me.  I pulled out everything from the under-sink cabinet and discovered the refrigerator had come unplugged.  So I am looking at shelf liners to see if I can prevent things from sliding around and bumping the refrigerator plug.  I've used a few types of liner in my home, not 100% thrilled with any of them.  Wondering if there is one folks REALLY like?
2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Try yoga matting.  We use it as a counter saver, to prevent sliding of items on shelves and on our minivan flooring.  Cheap and it works.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    Last year someone in the group mentioned these oversized silicone mats. Before our big trips this year I put this in the cabinets and on the shelves and was amazed at how well it prevented shifting of supplies during travel. We highly recommend it. 

If the link doesn’t work search for ‘oversized silicone mat’. 
    mary 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 616
    Be aware that yoga mats can stick to a surface over time and be very difficult to remove, at least on concrete.

Here's what we've used with great success.  Use it in our kitchen also.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MQXTKLH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    +2 on the oversized silicone mats. I think I’m the one who mentioned them last year. They work very well, thin material taking up less headroom for taller items, and your cabinet items do not move. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    I have the large cabinets in the back and have several plastic bins there where I store my clothes, etc. The bins move around while on the road - Do you think the oversized silicone mats would work underneath them to prevent that? I've tried other shelf liners and while the liner doesn't move, the plastic bins do. 
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    For those recommending a "solid" material (@Verna), do you remove it in winter?  I had a condensation problem last winter.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @PNWtabber, no, I did not remove them. They are not permanently attached to the cabinet shelves, they just sit on top of the shelf. I also use a silicone cookie sheet on top of the glass on the stove. I even found a round one that I used on the round sink of my former 400. They keep scratches to a minimum, plus when using the glass as a work top, nothing slides around. 

For humidifiers:  Myself and others have recommended non-electric (and non battery powered) humidity controlled devices. Check Amazon (or your vendor of choice) for humidifiers. My favorite is a silver metal model that you can renew by heating it in your home oven—it can be found on Amazon not in the first few pages, but further back. I’ve used one for about 7 years and it’s still working. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @Verna -- thanks.  I actually purchased a small electric dehumidifier that seemed to do the trick, although I did leave all of my cabinets open all winter and removed most items as a precaution!  It is designed for boats and RVs.  I bought mine from Cabelas, looks like Amazon has it, marine supply stores are another place that carries them.  Provides a low level of heat and a bit of air circulation.

https://www.caframobrands.com/9406caabx.html