Options

Rocky Mountain National Park

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
We have been reading about long entry lines into RMNP.  Not sure if this applies only to day use or to those staying in campgrounds.  We have reservations at Moraine Park.  Anyone been there recently that can share their experience?  TIA
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    @Sharon_is_SAM check RMNP on Recreation.gov.  There is a timed entry system with tickets in place.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    We figured it out.  I guess our reservation serves as a ticket.  Now we want to know if there is a special entry lane if you are camping in the park?
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,002
    I do not believe you have a special lane for camping.  I have yet to see that at any NP.   It will be a zoo in Estes Park as it usually is.  I just spoke to a couple a few days ago when we were camping up in Dinosaur NM.  They had left Rocky just a few days earlier and confirmed the traffic in Estes Park was bad but said once in the Park and at the campground it was very nice.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Thanks @bergger.  We just met some fellow TaB owners who explained that our camping reservation sticker may actually help us get through some long waits - but, you are correct, no special lane.  
  • Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @Sharon_is_SAM if your campground is on the west side of the park, enter through Grand Lake! The traffic has always been less than Estes Park. Also, get an early entry time if possible. Enjoy! We went there in July last year and had white out conditions up at the Alpine visitors center. It was only an hour or so. :-)
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI