Options

Isotherm 320S Door change

I didn't find a description of this for the new compressor version. I waited to do this as it's real convenient to open the door while cooking but it's so darn inconvenient to grab something when outside. I bit the bullet and moved it last night. It wasn't hard and it seems workable for cooking and I can now easily change the shelf height and getting the beverage of your choice out when outside is so easy.... but we'll see.  It's also a good time to clean the crap that's fallen into that area.

Anyway,
- You'll need:
   - A (long) #2 square drive bit for the 4 wood screws that hold the unit to the trailer walls (this required a hardware store visit as mine was too short).
   - #2 Phillips for the hinge and plastic top cover screws 
- Pry the 4 plugs off the sides inside the unit
- Remove the square drive screws (the inside to pantry were shorter than the outside wall ones)
- Pull the device out just far enough to get access to the top plastic screws and hinge metal plates (top and bottom)
- When removing the hinge plates don't lose the rubber washers that isolate the door from the bracket on each hinge pin
- Important: Because the hinge pin is offset from the screw holes the top hinge goes to the bottom of the other-side and vice versa. If you don't the door will hit the screen door plastic... don't ask how I know.
- Replace screws and verify door seal is tight to unit prior to final tightening 
- Push unit back in as before (note that the screws seem to easily go in without searching for the old holes) verify correct location as you could put it back crooked ... again don't ask how I know.
- Turn on and verify it get's cold to check for a broken ... something... fortunately it worked fine.
Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
managed by VE Smart Network

Comments