Options

T@B 400 Stargazer Window issue

Our new T@B400 has this issue with the surround on the stargazer window. I've pushed things back into place, but the one side keeps popping out. Any great ideas on how to fix this myself?

Thanks!

2021 400 BD
2018 Ford F150 

Comments

• Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Hi @LonesomeRoad. I took a look at ours and cannot even see how this manages to happen as the cloth board is solid and up against the window frame. I know this is not much help, but appears therefore to be something to report to the nuCamp service team as I am guessing something is not situated correctly in a greater way then just tucking it back in. 
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
  • Options
    LonesomeRoadLonesomeRoad Member Posts: 86
    Hi @LonesomeRoad. I took a look at ours and cannot even see how this manages to happen as the cloth board is solid and up against the window frame. I know this is not much help, but appears therefore to be something to report to the nuCamp service team as I am guessing something is not situated correctly in a greater way then just tucking it back in. 
    Yeah, in our case the window is on top of the cloth boards (which looks 'sorta ugly). My guess is they substituted an "almost the right size" surround for what really belongs there and just jammed it into place over the cloth boards. Thanks for checking yours, though.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    CJaxCJax Member Posts: 62
    @LonesomeRoad, we just picked up our 2021 T@B 400 Boondock and spent the first weekend camping in it. We have the exact same issue with our stargazer window. I don't need to post photos because they look exactly the same as yours.

The good news is that of all the quality issues discussed on this forum vis-a-vis the 2021s, we have found no other issues. Other than this window, our 400 appears flawless.

Looking ugly is bad enough, but it also provides a path for bugs to short-circuit the window screen if one has the stargazer open. So it definitely needs to be fixed. My plan is to take a lot of pics and alert nuCamp service, but I think I might be able to fix this myself if they send me the parts.

Kindly let me know if you learn anything else, and I'll do the same.

Cheers,
    C
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock 'Valhalla'
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V6
    veni, vidi, bibi capulus
  • Options

Kindly let me know if you learn anything else, and I'll do the same.

Sent you a PM with details.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    My issues with the so called star gazer window are: 1. Its placement is such that you cannot look directly up, but must look out at an angle. It might better be located at bit the port (driver) side.
    2. it has a sticker labeling it an exit. This has been discussed before and so far no one has figured out how one might actually exit thru it other than kick it out to break the hold open hardware.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    I suspect it is labelled as an "Emergency Exit" because it is at the other end of the trailer from the door and it is the easiest window to crawl out of in an emergency.  You could release the knobs on the hold-open hardware and the stays will separate  easily.  However, you still have to release all the locks to get the window open so it is not going to be a rapid exit in any case.
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    Thanks Falcon, but perhaps try what you suggest. Mine would require lying on your back and kicking the window upwards to break the sliding stays. Awkward. There is a stop within the stays preventing them from coming apart.
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    SloweartSloweart Member Posts: 3
    Our new 2022 TAB 400 Boondock has the same issue straight out of the dealership.  Dealership filed warranty claim but is more concerned with the screen falling out — which it does because the window is detached — wrote NuCamp.  Waiting to hear on the fix.  How did yours resolve @LonesomeRoad
  • Options
    I have been promised a new shade with an aluminum surround instead of plastic. NuCamp is expecting them shortly (as of yesterday). I have not had an issue with the window, only the shades and their mounting.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    Thank you.  I have the exact same issue with the plastics popping off the little tabs attached on the outside of the fabric as you pictured.  That is a very long wait for your fix? 
  • Options
    I let the issue ride at the end of last season hoping that someone would post a solution here or on Facebook. Since our warranty is coming up to the end and every time we move the trailer or open or close the shade, the side pops off, I wanted a solution. I had to finally pursue it through Austin Jones (in service) who should be given kudos for actually reading what I wrote and sent photos of and offering that "Unfortunately with the issues in supply this shade had changed and as you have said does not work well. Because of this we have been in contact with the manufacturer and this is in the process of being revised and the shades made with aluminum instead of the plastic. This should take care of this issue from what I am told. "

So I contacted warranty  and after about 6 e-mails, finally was told we would be sent the new shade once they arrive. If you contact Abby in warranty and mention my name (Daniel Sullivan), perhaps that will expedite things for you. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get the new shade and attempt to replace it.
    2021 400 BD
    2018 Ford F150 
  • Options
    Ok thanks.  Yes I think they are aware now for sure (thanks to you). They are sending me along to the manufacture.