Options

Freshwater slow leak fix

Thanks to many posts on this forum, I was able to track down a slow leak down to a pinhole in the 1 3/8 filler tube going into the freshwater tank. The remaining question is how to fix it. I am considering self-fusing silicone tape, but that seems a little makeshift.

I assume the proper fix is to replace the hose, but it looks to be glued on both ends with silicone rtv. Is the correct fix to cut the old pipe away, clean up the pipe nipple and old RTV, and slide the new tubing onto the existing pipe nipples? Or perhaps replace the pipe nipple?

Thank you all, and safe travels. 

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Austin at repairs@nucamprv.com has seen just about everything on nüCamp campers. Send him an email (be patient, please), and he will give you tips and how-to’s on how to fix this correctly. He should be able to give you parts numbers for any parts you need. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Looks like there are some "bite" marks near the leak point.  I also notice that there are some hose clamps that don't seem to be doing anything other than just hanging on to the hose.
    In the absence of a better suggestion from nuCamp, you could spread some "Goop" around and over the damaged areas of the hose.  Give it few days to set up and it will fix the leak nicely.  I have used it to repair a cracked window washer fluid bottle on an old vehicle.  The bottle hasn't leaked again in 30 years.
    Goop is available at Lowe's, Home Depot, and most hardware stores.  It will be labelled as "Plumbers Goop" usually but may also be called "Electricians goop" or "XXXXX Goop."  Whatever the name it is all the same stuff.
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 617
    In addition to the Goop, you could wrap it with electrical tape, then put a hose clamp on it.  I would consider that a permanent fix and preferred over messing with the glued hose connections.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    SpanglerpdxSpanglerpdx Member Posts: 4
    Thank you all.. NuCamp turned me down flat, so the goop option is looking better. 

From repairs@nucamprv.com: 

"Thank you for reaching out.

Due to the extreme demand in the RV industry we are unable to address any further service or modification requests for the remainder of the 2021 calendar year. All of our service-oriented resources will be directed on ensuring we take care of everyone currently on the schedule.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As a member of the nuCamp family, we want you to know that we are making a concerted effort to expand our capabilities to service the nuCamp community. "