Options

Some Other Brand of camper

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited October 2021
    Note: This discussion should read, Other Brand of Camper using Alde, as that was the topic of this original discussion regarding a Class B coach type RV, in which the Roadtrek was mentioned as having the Alde in a North American RV before nüCamp and Airstream, to put my reply in its original contex:
    “Today’s Roadtrek Inc RV is not quite the same company as the original Roadtrek that was made prior to 2019, and first adopted the Alde system for use in Noth America.  In 2019, the German based Erwin Hymer Company) owned and operated the Canadian based Roadtrek company as Hymer/RoadTrek, which was slated to be sold to Thor in 2019.  Long story short, Thor got Roadtrek as part of its purchase of Hymer, and discovered Roadtrek had been not as profitable in reality (was loosing money in 2018-2019), and not reporting sales correctly to Hymer, so Thor shut it down, and Roadtrek went into receivership.  

“The Roadtrek brand was sold to its current Canadian operators in late 2019m which had to reopen the then shuttered factory and re-hire a new employee base to build the Class B RV.  So the product being built now is not quite the same RV build prior to 2019, and uses different components.  I could not find any reference to the type of hearing system being used in the current production.

“The only North American Class B RV manufacturer I could find that  has recently used the Alde system, is Advanced RV, which is a semi custom builder, of high end, quality Motorhomes.  That said, perhaps Thor will offer an Alde heating system in another one of its North American motorhomes, as its Thor/Hymer group in Germany uses Alde units in several of its Europe and UK Motorhome models.”
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.