Options

Nautilus P3 Winterize Question

We've got a two-day cold front moving in and I wanted to "soft" winterize our 400 which means blowing the lines with air to get most of the water out. I'm a little confused by the Nautilus instructions vs. what I've been reading specifically for the 400.

I've drained all of my low point and Alde drains using gravity, switched the levers in the nautilus 45 degrees. I get that this will blow any remaining water out of the alde and low-point drains but what about the lines to the fixtures? The Nautilus manual goes straight to the anti-freeze procedure which I'm not ready to do at this time.

Do I switch everything to "city" and then open all of my faucets to blow them out?

2021 400 BD
2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_GGrumpy_G Member Posts: 448
    Yup. I just helped a friend winterize her 400 and the levers at 45 degrees does not allow to build pressure because it opens the line towards the fresh water tank which has a vent/overflow. Setting it to city got the remaining water out of the faucet/showers/toilet. 
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Yeah. Just took a chance and did the same thing (setting it to city) and was able to blow them out. First time winterizing so I was a bit on edge. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    justdoit70justdoit70 Member Posts: 42
    @manyman297 and @Grumpy_G That sounds right. I have gone thru ours 3 times and every time I got more H2o out . Be sure to check toilet,I took the supply line off the wall connector and put my air gun nozzle in the supply line pressed the foot pedal on toilet with my knee to open flush valve and blew out more H2o that would have froze and broke the valve. I live in north east Pa. and it gets real cold. I had campers in the past and never added anti freeze except for the traps and tanks 1 gal. Max. I have come to the conclusion that nu camp is somewhat vague on some procedures and other areas of importance. With a good mindset the help of the fantastic forum we can get it done with our damage.Welcome to trailer life.
     Best,
    Ed

21 t@b 400 bdl solo 2016 taco trd sport  4x4 with Timbren ses.