Options

Dinette Table Alternative

My wife and I have tried to use the rear bed but we don’t like having to crawl over each other and we have different sleep schedules.  We found that when one of use uses the front Dinette/bed it gives us both a better sleep.

We like a lot of things about the 400 but the dinette table is not one of them. We have tried setting up  the dinette / bed each day but the table is far too heavy and awkward. It’s a fight every time and I have the bruises to prove it.

We have removed the table and moved it to our attic. We converted the dinette into a bench / bed that does not require setting up each day. I made a small table (20”x22”) that hangs off a table bracket. It has 8” of horizontal movement.  I also made a cushion support and storage box.  The cushion support and storage box are secured in place with the hardware from the 400 table. And can be removed if needed. I did not have to modify the 400 and used all the existing mounting location so I can always put it back to stock. It wont be as easy for both of us to eat at the bench with the smaller table but we don’t eat that much in the camper and I can still manage coffee in the morning.

Comments