Options

Need Coupler Height Measurement (2021 or 2022 NON-boondock T@B 400)

Hi, my dealer doesn't have a non-boondock T@B 400 on their lot, so I'm reaching out to owners (best source anyway right!) I'm looking for the coupler height (in the green in the pic below) so I can determine my proper hitch drop.  Its important that its a non-boondock since they have a different frame.  The measurement needs to be taken from level ground if possible.  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DenverJaguarDenverJaguar Member Posts: 57
    Good luck. I got answers all over the board for my Tab 320S Boondock. I didn't get the measurement until my Tab was on the lot, and then I had to rush order a hitch and ball that would work. Mine was 21 inches. 
  • Options
    yea, i kind of figured I would get a lot of different measurements.   I actually have a 2019 currently, but its not parked in a level area at the moment and the frame was changed on newer models.  I measured my current weight distribution hitch but I was nervous to rely only on that. The hitch I'm looking at buying (not WD) has a max drop of 5 1/4" my current hitch is 5 1/2"!   I guess that is an acceptable measurement of being 1/4" too tall, but without knowing the measurement on the new models, I'm not at all confident I have enough drop. I also need that side mount hole for the sway bar ball. I'm just so OCD about anything hitch/towing related and I want everything to be EXACT....yep, OCD!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited October 2021
    The height to the top of the receiver on my tow vehicle is 20" so I might even have my WDH set too low anyway.  It tows level so it should be just right. 
  • Options
    I sent an email to NuCamp to ask them. I hate to bother them with such a minor question, but its something I need to know ahead of delivery.  I will post the results when I hear back. 
  • Options
    NuCamp already responded! The measurement is 16"  from the ground to the bottom of the frame on a 2022 T@B 400 Standard Model.  So that's a 4" difference for me I just need a 4" drop.  This is great because the hitch I want is within that range.