Options

Alde 3010 'Gas Failure'

DiegoDiego Member Posts: 4
We have a 2017 Outback with the Alde 3010. I am getting the 'Gas Failure' message on the panel.
We have a full tank of gas.
The stove lights and operates fine.
The refig operates on gas as it should.
I have tried powering off everything..... via the switch in the battery box area, and then back on.
I have unplugged the 12v connector on top of the Alde unit.
I have verified the fuses on top of the Alde unit are good.
There are no fuses blown or breakers tripped in the trailer power panel.
I can find no info on the thermocouple or interrupter.
Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    edited October 2021
    It can occur due to low voltage.  How is the battery?

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/115538#Comment_115538
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100

We experienced essentially the same issue with our Alde 3010, 2014 320.  Like you, I checked the fuses (good), voltage, (good), LP tank (full), unplugged and reconnected power to the Alde, checked fridge on LP (good), and stove on LP (good).

After a few attempts our dealer was not able to fix the issue. They replaced both the pressure regulator and the thermostat. Neither solved our problem.  I ended up working directly with Alde and they helped me diagnosis the problem as an intermittent issue with the gas solenoid.  

I replaced the solenoid myself and have tested the Alde system three times since the repair and it’s been working great.  We’re in Minnesota and I’ve ran it in temps ranging from 20 to 50 degrees.   

The part number is 3010622 and it runs $116.70. I bought the part directly from Alde although my understanding is that they’ve change their approach and you now have to go through a dealer. I hope you will find this information useful. 

BTW if you go to YouTube and search "replace Alde 3010 solenoid" you will find a video that shows you how to replace.  It took me about 30 minutes.

2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,655
    Glycol level?

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Member Posts: 4
    The glycol level is good and the battery is a new Battleborn and is excellent.
    Spruce1, thanks for the info. I will check it out.
    Thanks