Options

Turn off interior light in 2019 400 n751BB fridge

pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,676
Does the light inside the  fridge stay on with the trailer battery switch off? And, does it stay on with the door closed? 

The Isotherm fridges have a "switch" up under the latch for the fridge that turns off the light and props it open when in storage.

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Two way or tree way? My 2019 with a two way has a light switch and the door when shuts turns the light off. Pulling the fuse in the power center also shuts it off so about 💯 sure that the battery switch also would shut it off.

You can leave the door slightly ajar enough to get air circulation without the light coming on and is how I store mine.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited December 2021
    Thomas, the 2019 and 2018 TaB400 have the same Norcold NR751BB AC/DC fridge, if this is what you are referring to.  The fridge is connected to the Waco power distro panel, with its own fuse (DC) and circuit breaker for AC operation.  Once the TaB is unplugged from AC, the fridge switches to DC.  Of the main battery switch is off. DC power is disconnected and neither the internal light or fridge will work.

With either AC or DC connected, the light comes on when the door is opened, even if the fridge thermostat is in the 0/off position.  Pushing in and holding the light switch (in the door) does not disable the light.  I put a bit of masking or gaffer’s tape on the door hold it open about 1-2 inches, and the light stays off with the door in this position.  Works great, fridge is vented to cabin air, and stays fresh and no mold.  Hope this helps.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,676
    @N7SHG_Ham and @Denny16, thanks. Yes, it helps a lot. This is from a FB post this morning, and I finally worked out the fridge model, which is the NR751BB. 
    The "Isotherm" fridge is the one with the nice little door latch type "switch" that holds the door open a bit and shuts off the light. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    You are welcome @pthomas745, I went out and checked the fridge setup after reading your original post.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.