Options

WE GOT ONE!! New T@B 400 owners!

Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
As of about 6 hours ago!  Went to an RV show, got to poke around a 400, sit in it, check the bed size, poke around a similar camper from Little Guy, discuss it with the wife for a while, poke around the two again, more discussion, rinse and repeat a few times before finally biting the bullet and going nuCamp!

Now comes the long, drawn out anxious waiting for the camper to get delivered to the dealer and going to pick it up!

We opted for the 3-way fridge and no microwave, silver sides, black trim, and the Frontier graphics.  The RV dealer had a "spin to win" wheel if you bought an RV from them, well, we picked up a Rhino waste tank kit to boot from the wheel!

Next up, planning our first adventure!

Is it summer yet?
Heck, is it Memorial Day yet?
How about first day of spring?
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 79
    @Jay_and_Kat Great decision!  Whatever your first trip is cannot come soon enough!  Enjoy the wait time by planning out your adventures.  It's easy to get focused on all the stuff to equip your 400.  In reality it isn't that much and you'll add this and that as you make trips.  We have the Norcold 3-way in our 2019 400 BDL which we love.  Lots of folks prefer the 2-way but we regularly boondock with no hookups in shady sites and using the propane saves amps for other electrical options.  We mostly have camped in New England and the summers are typically cool enough that we've had no problem keeping the fridge below 40F.  
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • Options
    Jay and Kat, did they give you an estimated delivery time frame? Mine took 14 weeks from order to delivery to the dealer.  My pickup appointment isn't until 2/14 though as they are fully booked until then!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Congratulations, and welcome to the TaB family.  Happy and safe travels.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
    Jay and Kat, did they give you an estimated delivery time frame? Mine took 14 weeks from order to delivery to the dealer.  My pickup appointment isn't until 2/14 though as they are fully booked until then!
    @TabbyShack the sales person told us possibly as early as March / April, possibly as late as May / June.  We did tell them we're not in a big rush for it to be delivered (we'll still need to arrange for a spot in a storage lot) as right now all we're hoping is to have it before Memorial Day so we can take it to a local campground to get a feel for it.

As long as we have it for our planned trip for July 4th, we'll be happy!

Even better from our side of things, I did some checking of our Gladiator and it turns out we DO have the tow package (Class IV receiver, max trailer weight 6000lbs instead of the 4500lbs we thought) so I'm FAR more relaxed about the weight of the trailer+water+"stuff" on the back end!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Great news Jay and Kat, very few Sport and Sport S Gladiators were delivered without the basic tow package, which is normally included in the Sport S package (extra on the Sport basic model).  The TaB400 tows quite well behind the Jeep Gladiator, with mileage only dropping 2-4 mpg, if you keep your speed down to 60mph or less.  Have fun and stay safe.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    Congratulations to you both. This was us a year back, 400 Boondock delivery in May 2021 and enjoyed 2021 caravanning with our Highlander. We like our 3 way fridge for the space.
    We spun the wheel at this years RV show and chose firelighters over loo roll ... nothing as exotic as Rhino hoses on offer.
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts