Options

Pricing of 2018 TAB 400 when first introduced in 2018

Does anyone remember the MSRP of the TAB 400 when introduced in 2018, which really does not matter as prices are so crazy right now. Am looking to move up from 320S, but not sure if should wait a little longer. See a lot of 400’s available, so maybe some settling out is in order.

i looked at new in 2019 and vaguely remember prices in the upper $20K’s to very low $30’s loaded,  all help appreciated as can live with our 320 for a while if necessary.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,002
    We paid an even 30k for our 2021 400 but I had been looking since the trailers came out in 2018.  I remember seeing them anywhere from 20-25k in 2018.  Crazy that people are now listing used 2018s for as much as they are!  Honestly I think the MSRP on the new ones are not worth it.  I love our trailer and would not trade it for anything but I also would not pay what they are asking today.  Mark up is usually in the neighborhood of 30% so remember that if you buy a new one.  I think prices will slowly come to equilibrium so if I was you I'd wait.  If you don't want to buy new maybe wait and find a used 2019 or 2021 model year.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    JetmanJetman Member Posts: 45
    Yes sir I think you are right and a lot of upgrades were done to the 21 models and looking at web sites today a lot of 2022 model are available at a lot of dealers for this coming year and in the exorbitant price of mid to upper 40’s— unbelievable what people will pay. I may just have to ride it out.

Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited February 2022
    You can get a 2022 400 from Juniata Valley RV in Mifflintown, PA for $34390 for standard model and just under $36k for boondock. Might be a bit more now though due to recent price increase but still great prices.  

Ask for Rick and say you were referred by Robyn Eller. I've bought three T@bs there and their prices are always awesome. 
  • Options
    JetmanJetman Member Posts: 45
    Thanks Ronyn, will give Rick a call tomorrow. Don’t really want a new one, so maybe he can find me an 18/19 in the right price range.
  • Options
    It's actually Robyn. I spelled my own name wrong! 
  • Options
    One other thing to keep in mind when buying used, and no offense to anyone intended here, but the T@b is a bit complex to understand and it's somewhat easy for new campers to make mistakes along the way that will present problems for future owners. I have personal experience observing some things and some people don't know to or bother to do proper maintenance as just one example.  Just something to keep in mind in case a new one isn't too much more than a used one.  
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,002
    I agree with Tabbyshack.  For the price of used ones I'd shop around for a good price on a new one. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited February 2022
    We got a great deal on our lightly used 2018 TaB400 at around $22,500.  That was before the pandemic and we put an additional $1200 in upgrading it to a BoonDock axle and the new aluminum front tub, and replaced the dinette table with the new, lighter 2021 table. This brought the cost up to what a 2018/2019 used Boondock was selling for in 2020.  We were advised to stay clear of the 2020 with the Air8 AC.  The Solo TaB400 looked interesting also, and were looking for one.  But, the good deal came along, and we jumped on it,  glad we did now, with the higher prices.  When we got ours a new 2019 was selling in 2020, on the West Coast, for around $28-30K
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited February 2022
    P.s. I paid $26,795 for my new 2019 T@b 400 from Juniata Valley RV in April 2019. 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Pricing of all Tabs has a lot to do with what part of the US you are looking in. I’m in Eastern Washington and I swear we have pretty close to the highest prices in the country. When the 400 came out it was on sale at the RV show for around $34,000 if I remember correctly. I could be off a bit, but that seemed too high for my budget and I love my 2017 320S. Yes I could have flown somewhere where they were less expensive and saved money, but the other consideration is your dealer relationship. They service their customers first, everyone else is just parked and waiting in line. This is a nation wide practice among dealers I believe. Granted my Tab almost never needs work done, but it’s a nice perk the few times I’ve needed them. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    tphaggertytphaggerty Member Posts: 48
    We bought our 2018 400 for right around 23k in late 2018, in the northeast (Mass, dealer no longer sells new RVs). Was about 3k less than other dealers in the area at the time, I think because they had the most stock (maybe 20 or so on the lot). We did get a 1000 rebate from NuCamp! Boy have times changed!!! They are always a bit cheaper in our area because of lower freight/delivery charges.
    2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL TV
    2018 T@B 400, 300Ah Renogy LiFePo batteries, 350W Renogy rooftop solar
    Poughquag, NY