Options

leak from Alde condensation drains

I had my lovely 2014 T@B in at the RV dealer for wheel bearing maintenance and asked them to also investigate a small leak, adjacent to the Alde compartment (driver's side, rear panel). I noticed it a few weeks ago and I have been freaking out, not knowing how to determine the source or how to prevent further leaks and damage to the wooden floor. I feared the dreaded tail light leak or a crack in the Alde reservoir, which is also located in this back corner of the T@B. Thankfully, the RV service center determined that caulking around the Alde drain tubes had come loose and that moisture from a condensation drain that had been the source of the moisture. I'll get them to show me the source of the leak and add a photo if possible, showing where they recaulked it, in case it is helpful to others with this generation of Alde.
NOTE: This is a 2014 T@B Maxx (aka 320 S), one of the first NuCamp T@Bs built with the Alde system. On later models, the drainage systems would likely be completely different. 

2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada

Comments

• Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    @Mellow_Yellow, I always get excited when I see a post on a "vintage" T@b (I have an early 2015) but alas I don't recognize anything in my 2015 that looks like that.  Is that the overflow/drain tube from the reservoir?
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    here is the location of the drainage tubes, one from the Alde reservoir and one from the boiler, that needed to be recaulked. I lifted a few sections of the adjacent vinyl floor to see if there was any staining or moisture and it was dry. So I am hoping the run-off was minimal and that I caught it early.

2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    That pic I recognize!  Being a lifelong renovator it always gives me pause when I see a water stain.  More often than not it seems to always be worse for "what lies beneath"...oh, that sounds like a good title for a supernatural horror thriller film  =)   Glad it looks like you escaped with very minor damage.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4