Ryobi Battery Operated Air Pump

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
edited February 2022 in Products and Accessories
Just wanted to share a gift that was given to me at Christmas.  This drill size Ryobi air pump (with digital display) came in handy here in New Mexico after a recent camping trip and follow-up re-winterizing exercise on our T@B 400 here at around 4300’ elevation in high desert.  Temperatures dip down into the 20’s at night so before I placed my trailer back in storage I went through it, dumped all water in the tanks, installed some pink RV antifreeze in the gray & black tanks and blew out the remaining water in the lines using this pump that I had brought out with me.  It did the trick and I was glad I had it with me as otherwise I planned to use a bike pump.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    I’ve had this pump for several years. So easy to use (and I’m a die hard Ridgid guy). 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 178
    I have that one at home and use this Ryobi one with our T@B. It has high and low power and will also deflate. Like that I can set it on high and set PSi to 50 and quickly blow out lines. Had to do it twice on current trip with unexpected freeze. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods

More Smiles Per Mile! B)
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Just wanted to share a gift that was given to me at Christmas.  This drill size Ryobi air pump (with digital display) came in handy here in New Mexico after a recent camping trip and follow-up re-winterizing exercise on our T@B 400 here at around 4300’ elevation in high desert.  Temperatures dip down into the 20’s at night so before I placed my trailer back in storage I went through it, dumped all water in the tanks, installed some pink RV antifreeze in the gray & black tanks and blew out the remaining water in the lines using this pump that I had brought out with me.  It did the trick and I was glad I had it with me as otherwise I planned to use a bike pump.  

Hey @Michigan_Mike long time, no see!

I have that same Ryobi. Did you have a fitting that worked with a blowout plug?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Hi Jenn, I just use a brass threaded blowout plug with the air valve on the end.  I got mine from Amazon.

Camco RV Brass Blow Out Plug | Helps Clear Your RV's Water Lines During Winterization and Dewinterization (36153) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006IX68O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZWKE2EEH5E4T68X5S1PN

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • JDRotzJDRotz Member Posts: 6
    Hi rcarlson.
    I've got the same Ryobi inflator/deflator.  I used the hi volume/low pressure inflator side to try and blow out the Nautilus P3 on my '21 TAB 400.  It seemed that with the valves in the "V" position to clear out the P3 harness, the sound indicated that the air flow was blocked, so maybe the pressure was inadequate to clear the lines.  Did you try that function before you used the high pressure/low volume side?  I didn't think that side would work because there's so little air volume to blow the lines, but I'll check it out.
    edited April 2022
    JDRotz, I used it a couple of times in North Texas when the weather was up and down leading up to T@bzona and then again when the temps were dropping in the mountains in AZ on way back and it worked well. 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
  • mgreen2mgreen2 Member Posts: 87
    Home Depot has these on sale for $25