Options

where is the built in rear view camera on TaB 400?

I can not locate a rear view camera on my 2021 T@B 400. where do I look. And if and when I find it, how do I utilize it? thanks

Karen and Chris
2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
Dallas, Texas
“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey

Comments

• Options
    Hey Chris,  where did you find those specs? There isn't a backup camera on the TABs.
  • Options
    hi Tabby, I found it on their website: https://nucamprv.com/tab400-camper-2020/2020-nucamp-tab400-specifications/   Thanks for your reply. Learning this has caused me to hold up on purchasing a Vox-Auto rear camera system.
    Karen and Chris
    2021 T@B 400, 2018 Land Cruiser
    Dallas, Texas
    “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” Edward Abbey
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    edited February 2022
    They used to have a camera mounted on the license plate mounting point.  They no longer come with them.  I believe it ended in 2020.  We originally were going to get a 2020 then decided against it due to the Air8 AC issue.  On the 2020 build sheet the backup camera was listed.  Not so on the 2021 build sheet and when I brought it up was told they dropped that. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited February 2022
    Yes, the backup camera was only on the 2020 year build models.  That said, on the 2018-2021 model TaB400s, you can open the front and back window shades, and see right through the camper to see what is behind you, via the TV rear view mirror.
    The 2021 and 2022 models have a higher rear window, not sure you can see through on those models?
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    The backup camera on the 2020 T@B 400 is arguably useless due to the gigantic, clumsy screen that needs to occupy your front seat area. Tried it once. It's easier to assess what's behind you, get in TV and use your mirrors (in my opinion). I think others on the forum have found far better options including wireless versions.
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM