Options

Shower Door Magnetic Strip

The magnetic strip that holds the shower door closed in my T@B 320S has broken and whatever stopper that must have held it in at the bottom is gone.  Can this strip be ordered from NuCamp?  Are there other options for fixing this?  Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,652
    Welcome to the Forums. 
    And, welcome to the "Shower Door Magnet" Club.  Mine just got a little dab of glue. There are a couple of other suggestions in this thread.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    LOL
    And yes, welcome to the T@B family.

My "LOL" is because of the bottom issue.
    On my 2018-320S it is the top that is the issue.
    . . . when driving on dirt roads the magnetic strip comes out of the top.

I have removed the standard shower door lock and now use a small clamp while driving on the upper edge of the shower door . . . it does the 'lock' function of keeping the door closed and prevents the magnetic strip from vibrating out (up).
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Jake23Jake23 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help.  I had no idea this was such a common issue.  The long magnet strip is in pieces now with some of them lost.  Can I order directly from NuCamp to get a new one?
  • Options
    stephengstepheng Member Posts: 109
    Anybody know the manufacturer of the plexiglass shower door that's in the 2018 320S Outback?  Looking at 2022 and would like to replace "new" shower door with the older one - new one looks like a pain with snap on curtain.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    @Jake23 Thanks for pointing that.  I looked at mine to see if it still has all its parts and it is OK but if I had to replace the magnetic strip I would first ask my dealer. If I could not have it replaced by NuCamp, I would have a look at The Gordon Glass website.  I have seen a 3/16 x 1/8 x 75" magnetic strip which look similar to ours.  They have many more slide-in strips with different configuration.  Hope this helps.   
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"