Help! Getting ready for first trip and can't get to underseat storage space

vitovito Member Posts: 181
Getting ready for our first night away, I started putting some items into the T@b. In the underseat storage by the door I've put my electrical cables, the dolly wheel and a few other things. I easily got to the large storage area under the back bench (where the spare tire was when I picked up the T@b). I see that under the back bench on the other side is the Alde so I guess I should not put things there. But under the other side bench, next to the shower, I can't seem to lift up the wood cover to get to this space. Am I doing something wrong, or is this an area that I am not supposed to get to? I had just assumed that this was storage space, but when I try to lift the wooden piece under the cushion it won't come up and feels like its attached to something below. Hope someone can fill me in on this as I am leaving on my trip first thing in the AM tomorrow. Thanks. 
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments

• USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    Lots of wiring and hoses and the power converter under the bench behind the shower. There's a screw holding the cover in place in case you need to get in there for some reason. So people do use it for storage, but be careful!
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander

• vitovito Member Posts: 181
    Thanks. While thinking about this I called Little Guys and they told me essentially what Patti said. I was glad to find out that I can use space by the Alde unit for storage, but clearly the major storage area in the T@b is under the back bench on the door side of the camper. At least I know what I can use for storage and then everything else needs to go in the TV. 
    2016 T@b S Maxx
    2011 Subaru Outback
    Rockford, Illinois
  • BWidgetBWidget Member Posts: 35
    There should be a little screw (by the finger hole I believe) that is holding down the off-limits storage area.
    Bill from Los Angeles Arizona
    2015 T@B S Maxx Outback
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
  • jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Vito, 
    You must have the clamshell model, as there is extensive storage behind the sofa back in the non clamshell T@B.