Options

Water found under bed in storage compartment after dewinterizing

2»

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Unless something has changed my 2021 has low point drains like what @Snoblett has. And those sleeve/flanges around the valves actually go through the entire floor to aid as a drain if you get water in your Nautilus compartment. I wouldn’t seal those up. They’re there to keep the nautilus compartment dry.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 269
    I’m having a new issue with my city water inlet - dripping water under pressure even with a quality hose end connected. Teflon tape has come to the rescue, but my suspicion is the plastic threads of the inlet have worn (stretched?), and won’t create a watertight seal anymore. Might be looking at a replacement of the inlet. A quality metal-threaded inlet seems like a good idea, but we live in a plastic world.

I tried an additional washer in the inlet, but that reduced the length of the hose thread engagement too much IMO. Didn’t seem to help anyway.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    That plastic connector seemed like the Achilles heel of the Nautilus so I installed a brass connector with a shutoff valve on the end of it. That way the brass valve would take the majority of the west but there’s still the chance the plastic threaded piece could break.
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 269
    Thanks for the comment, @manyman297, it prompted me to consider another solution. I have a spare brass pressure reducer in my trailer collection, and I screwed it into the city water inlet after applying teflon tape to its threads. I then screwed the hose end into the pressure reducer. This way I don’t have to worry about periodically re-applying teflon tape to the hose end. The female end of the reducer rotates just like the inlet does, so connecting the hose is easy. Seems to work well.

2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX