Options

Bedding

hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31
What size mattress do you use or pillow top ? I had thought when I watched video that you could use a true queen but the dimensions are 5 inches off on the width.

Comments

• Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 148
    If you google "rv queen mattress" or "rv short mattress" you will see what is available.  The width for those is the same as std queen (60"), the length is 75" vs the queen std of 80".
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    hikerchickhikerchick Member Posts: 31
    So are you using a queen mattress?
  • Options
    subkronsubkron Member Posts: 148
    Personally we are still using what was supplied with the T@B (froli and mattress). Depending on the mattress or topper, a queen could probably be compressed to fit.
    2022 T@B 400 Boondock
    2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Quad Cab
    South Jersey
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The TaB400 (at least on the 2018/2019) rear bunk is about 56”x79”, we use queen sheets, and had a queen topper cut down to 56x78 inches.  Works well, without crowding the space and cutting off the Alde air circulation vents in the back.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    I found that a Full XL mattress topper is a near perfect fit (Measures 80" L x 54" W) with a little bit of room around the edges to put on your fitted sheet and to stuff your blankets down around the sides.  I bought mine from Bed Bath and Beyond, but I don't see that size available now.  I use queen sheets but they are quite a bit too big, but they work with a little tucking and stuffing. 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @hikerchick, which Tab do you have?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Maxcamp8Maxcamp8 Member Posts: 209
    Measure your bed area. 
    We bought nominal 3" foam topper at Walmart on our inaugural trip, a soldering gun and foam cutting tip to size it.  (A drywall knife and straightedge will make ragged edges.)  Queen sheets do not span widthwise adequately on 320S, needed King.  Full mattress coverage can cork up all the radiant heat in cabinets below, leaving the cab cold.  

2021 T@B 320S Boondock/ 2012 Tacoma 4 cylinder truck / 2023 Tacoma 6 cyl. truck

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Just fyi, the easiest way to cut a foam topper is to use an electric knife. It makes a perfect straight edge and even cuts better than a hot knife and is much safer to use by us novices. This is a tip/trick passed on to me by a professional upholsterer decades ago. It is how I cut our (originally) queen sized gelfoam topper to fit our 320 t@b sleeping space. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    KimmieGuyKimmieGuy Member Posts: 27
    I leave the bed out all of the time with a custom made topper on top.  It’s a lot to be honest, but I have RA, and I love SOFT.  

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
     Cute… poor Kermit! 
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.