Options

Tab 320 casette will not click in to lock

Bakeale12Bakeale12 Member Posts: 1
Hello
Just bought 2021 tab320S.  Issue is we cannot get the green tab over the plastic to click. Lock in place.  We see in the back of the locker a blue pex pipe.  Is this common?  We don't want to push in too hard to break anything.   Posting 2 pictures.  Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Be sure the green pull-out handle is fully seated and locked into place on the cassette before pushing the cassette back into the trailer.

Doug K
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 187
    We have no piping in the back of our locker. There is a white pex pipe that you can see that is above the location of the cassette. The cassette slides in and locks easily. 

It looks like that pipe is the culprit. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • Options
    We have the pipe in the exact same position as on your photo on our just- purchased 2022 T@b.  We had some trouble on our first and only outing with the cassette not seating last week, but I think its was because the green handle was not fully seated into the cassette.  Once the handle properly seated, the cassette locked into place.

Don't use the cassette if not fully seated and locked because the seal to the toilet seat assembly will leak past the cassette into the locker.

Also, there should be a cover over that molded-in pan (whatever it's for) in the bottom of the cassette locker.  I doubt that will keep the cassette from seating though.

Doug K
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    Our 2022 T@B 320 cassette toilet area is similar to yours, with the exception of the cover mentioned in the previous post.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 187
    We’ll dang, the pex tubing must not be the problem. The green handle sounds likely. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • Options
    I'm new to these too.  The blade valve (operated by the flush handle inside the bath and next to the toilet seat) must be in the closed position before removing/installing the cassette.  Looking inside the locker you can see how this mechanism must align with the cassette mechanism, or the cassette will not go completely in.
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 258
    I had a similar issue.  The cassette would sometimes 'click' into place, but I could tell it wasn't secure.  I ended up removing the cover plate over the sump area.  I honestly still don't understand its purpose.  With the plate removed, it always clicks in securely.  I hope this helps.
  • Options
    MobeanMobean Member Posts: 51
    Keep searching.  Something is not fitting correctly.  We had different issue with that cover plate getting dislodged after inserting the cassette. 
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/14176/issue-with-thetford-cassette-toilet#latest
    If using the cover, be sure it remained in place after inserting the cassette.
    2021 320S BD
    2020 V6 Chevy Colorado
  • Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    edited April 2022
    Someone had the same problem, and it had to do with a hose exposed like yours, see if you can push that hose up and out of the way and then try as yours hang much lower than the person who sent you their setup.

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson