Options

New 2022 nuCamp 320 S Boondock

2»

Comments

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    I would not stress too much about the 320 bed.  With fair weather you won't spend that much time inside, especially with a side tent.  The trailer can be left in the bedroom config for days at a time. At your height the bathroom will be a far more limiting factor.  IMO you can cope with the limited sized bathroom but it won't be pleasant.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    shane1shane1 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks webers3. We just decided to purchase the Tab 320S Boondock.  This is our first purchase out of state. The dealer is located in PA, about 5.5-6 hours away.  The Jeep has the hitch and the dealer said they could install the Curt Echo or Prodigy RF quickly. Anything I should so ahead of time?
    2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
    Looking for a TT 
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2022
    @shane1 Congratulations. I think you will be very happy with your decision. If your schedule allows I would book a campground nearby the dealer where you can spend a night or two to test things out so if something doesn't work or you have questions you will be close to the dealer to ask and resolve issues.  Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    Congratulations!  You'll enjoy the 320s.  Showering in the trailer will be the main issue (in terms of comfort), but a lot of places where you stay will offer better showers so you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,530
    @shane1 - if you end up camping near the dealer, you will need a few items:

Coupler lock
    Chocks
    Wheel lock (if left unattended)
    Gray water hose
    Potable water hose
    Level

Consider a full hook up site so you can try everything out.  Don’t forget the coffee😁
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    And adult beverage to toast the purchase
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The dealer includes a slinky, cord adapter and I think something else I am forgetting. Should I request any upgrades before pick up? I was thinking lithium?

Edited to remove brake controller question as I had a post asking.
    Looking for a TT 
  • Options
    @shane1 - members have given you their experiences with the brake controllers over on this thread that you started:
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/183625#Comment_183625
  • Options
    @shane1 - if you end up camping near the dealer, you will need a few items:

Coupler lock
    Chocks
    Wheel lock (if left unattended)
    Gray water hose
    Potable water hose
    Level

Consider a full hook up site so you can try everything out.  Don’t forget the coffee😁
    Great list, thanks.  What is the best way to handle leveling from side to side?
    Looking for a TT 
  • Options
    webers3webers3 Member Posts: 404
    @shane1I use Andersen Levelers, not cheap and bulky but work great
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The Anderson, Bal leveler or simple blocks.  The Bal is heavier and bulkier to store and may have a tight fit on a Boondock tire IIRC.  A set of 10 Lynx blocks comes in a 8.5 x 8.5 x10.5 package.  Everyone will have their own opinion, but the Anderson is easy for us.  Just drive onto it.  We carry the Lynx, too in case we need extra height as there are limitations with both the Bal and Anderson (4 inches).  I recommend that you unlatch the coupler before driving onto any leveler.  If not, you may find it difficult to unlatch once up on the leveler.  Same thing in reverse. 

Do a search for “Levelers” and there will be lots of discussion.
  • Options
    The Boondock version comes with Yakima rails. Does it also come with cross bars? No basket, correct?
    Looking for a TT 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The nuCamp website lists the Yakima roof rack for the 2021 Boondock model, but does not list it for the 2022 model.  It may have been eliminated due to supply chain issues.  I have seen You.tube videos with and without the rack and rails, so maybe optional?
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Our new 2022 T@b 320s Boondock (build date Feb 2022) came with the Yakima roof rack installed.  No crossbars or basket, all accessories on the rack must be purchased separately.

Doug K
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    The 2022 T@B 320 Boondock package does not include the roof rack - it is not listed in the package on the website and it was not listed in the package on my MSRP order form . It is available and listed as an accessory ($442 on my MSRP sheet from October). So still possible a boondock model arrives or has it.

Our boondock model arrived without the rack even though we ordered the accessory, so our dealer arranged with nuCamp to return the trailer and have them install it before we picked it up (it was also missing the microwave oven and screen door so thankfully those were also taken care of at nuCamp before we took delivery).

There seems to be a lot of confusion with this on various forums, but hopefully my data point helps clear it up some.
  • Options
    I got lucky on this one. 

Looking for a TT 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Dealer may have ordered the whole shebang😂
  • Options
    Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    That sure looks familiar! My Serenity’s twin! Now did you get the dark or light cabinets :-)

Kevin