Lagun Table - = - Swing Arm Bushing Damage

MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,680
Background:

Lagun says the tabletop does not have to be removed while driving provided it is fully locked in position. I've done so for the past 30K miles with a few hundred of those miles on gravel roads. Every 10K miles or so I've noticed the tabletop was no longer level or even level'ish.

The Swing Arm Bushing at the Support Post end was becoming bored out, no longer round.
- - Around 10K miles I flipped the swing arm over - - switched table end to post end.
- - At 20K miles I starting thinking about how to fix this issue.
- - Finally at 30K miles I started to remove the tabletop while driving.
- - And last month I ordered replacement Bushings from Lagun.

For my trailer (at least) the weight of the standard nüCamp supplied tabletop combined with the cantilever effect of the swing arm was just too much for the plastic bushings.

Bushing Wear & Replacement:

I contacted Lagun for the plastic bushing part number {I could not find it on the parts page}. They quickly replied with the part # and some instructions for installation. A pair of bushings was $15 + shipping which was only available as FEDX 2nd Day at $16

A wedge was helpful to open the swing arm tube 'clamp' to allow easier bushing removal/replacement. Easier not easy but very DIY'able.

Bushings web-page:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  52   Nights:  329  Towing Miles 41,900+

Comments

• fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 380
    @MuttonChops, thanks for that info.  When I picked up my 2015 last year I replaced the original table with a new Lagun arm and made a cherry top for it.  I thought it was pretty heavy to be bouncing around while towing if I left the table top on the post so I've always flipped the top upside down and secured it to the bench cushion with a strap.  Good to know two things here, that yours lasted as long as it did and that a new bushing is available at a decent price.  I think I'll order one now so I'll have it on hand when that day comes! 8^D
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 210
    Good tip video to make these plastic parts last longer. I will start doing this in mine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekAEmcHAtzY
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Instagram: new.t@bventure
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 512
    The table could also be stored in the upright position so the bushing isn't used. The bracket under the table has a section that fits in the post's channel to hold it vertical. I also use ours in our 320 on another bracket by the door as a headboard at night. I mounted the bracket so the table overlaps the door frame slightly to give it more support.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York