Options

Hello from Midland, Michigan

Torres2906tabTorres2906tab Member Posts: 37
edited April 2014 in Introductions
We have a new member of the family, Lei-la, a slightly used 2013 T@b U, was purchased from a private seller in Kentucky. We drove the 650 miles to pick her up on Thursday, stayed our first night in her, and drove home Friday. She is now sitting in our driveway and I'm anxiously awaiting our next camping adventure. We are both still working so trips will be close to home and mostly weekends for a while. I cannot say enough about the LG forums. The information shared by LG owners is priceless and there is a whole lot of humor, courtesy and respect too. I spent many hours reading and learned so much. Thank you all. We have a lot more to learn as we are new to camping (other than my husband's military years). Looking forward to getting to know you better through this forum and perhaps at one of the upcoming teardrop events. P.S. That guy on the ground is my husband working on the lights at a rest stop on the way home. And silly me, I should have taken the picture from the trailer door side.
Elaine ~ 2013 T@b U, aka Lei-la. TV 2010 GMC Terrain

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Ahoy! Great looking rig. As a new member to the group myself (my wife and I snagged our tab just about a month ago), I too have been impressed with the folks who seem drawn to these things. Many safe travels to you!
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Congratulations.  Same color scheme as mine.  You'll like it more the longer you have it.  And, be forewarned, you'll spend more money on personalizing it than you can imagine...and have fun doing it.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Paul & Elaine -- B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!  I give a lot of credit to you people who buy their T@Bs hundreds of miles from home and the first night of camping is THAT night on the return trip.  Way to go!  Me?  I pulled mine home from the dealer -- white knuckles on the steering wheel, practically hyperventilating all the way -- and then did months of research on how to use my ClemenT@B before ever taking her out.  (Of course, the weather had something to do with that.  It was -9 degrees on December 9th when I towed her home.)  This Forum is my Owner's Manual . . . such a patient, great bunch of owners who are dedicated to helping newbies. 

I'm a not-so-newbie now.  You will love your T@B.   

:x
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited April 2014
    Welcome!  Congrats on your recent purchase of Lei-la.  We're 2 hours west of Louisville, and I passed through there with my T@B several weeks ago.  If you have a Facebook account, there are several T@B Facebook groups.  Tons of useful info on all.  We also have a Yahoo forum, but most of the info there is geared toward Dutchmen T@Bs.  Welcome to the family :D
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome! Wanderoo - you mentioned the Forum being your owner's manual. I just looked through the manuals the prior owner gave us and see nothing specific to the T@b itself. There is a manual for every appliance. Are we missing something? We were specifically looking for information on the electrical connections....we don't currently have the right type of outlet to plug it in.
  • Options

Hi, Paul & Elaine -- Did you get a 30 amp power cord?  That would be what you need to connect your T@B to "shore power." You will need an adapter (which you can get at an RV store or ACE Hardware) to connect the 30 amp power cord to your home electrical outlet.  I just looked through all my materials, and I do not see an "electrical diagram" for the T@B.  Here is a PDF of the T@B Owner's Manual, and I do not see an electrical diagram.  There are wonderful people on this site who can answer specific electrical questions for you.  They are a talented bunch of owners whom I am indebted to. 

Feel free to ask questions on this Forum, and they will get answered.  Enjoy your new "baby."

:D
  • Options
    Beth - thank you so much for the owner's manual. I've saved it and know it will be very helpful going forward. Electrical - yes we have the 30 amp and I stopped by WalMart today and looked at their adapters/connectors in the RV supply area. I get it now. I didn't buy one today because I wasn't 100% certain which one of the many available options we needed. ACE hardware is closer than WalMart so I'll stop there tomorrow and get what we need. And I've started a list of "necessities" for Lei-la. So far we've ordered chucks and a wheel lock from Amazon and bought a few things for inside. Would love to buy a cover and the XL visor and a bike rack to go between the trailer and tow vehicle and, and, and.....deep breath, one thing at a time $-)
  • Options
    Paul & Elaine -- Yes, the "want" list will go on and on for a while, but I have (fortunately) come to a standstill on purchases. There are always little things that you would like to buy to personalize your T@B, but IT IS POSSIBLE to stop at just the basics.  I bought the Amazon wheel lock, a pedestal surge protector, the PahaQue cover (GREAT BUY), and a couple more things.  I would like to get the XL Visor, too, but I'm waiting to build up my cash reserves.  Wish I were getting a tax refund!!!! :((
  • Options
    I am really trying to get just the basics for now especially since our first trip out since we brought her home isn't until Memorial Day weekend. It makes good sense to wait until we get a couple trips behind us to make major purchases, but then again teardrop addiction defies good sense, especially when all I have to do is read this forum and there are so many great ideas!!! So far we have purchased memory foam, chocks, a small dehumidifier, wheel club, storage containers for the galley and started to put a toolbox together, I *think* we need a bike rack, microwave and coffee pot at a minimum before out first trip. We'll see how the budget works out. Happy camping everyone! :\">
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I have spent more money on "essentials" than I would have thought possible, and the payment book hasn't arrived yet. LOL

One thing to remember... make sure you have insurance coverage for personal effects. Not to be a nerd, but most of these extras aren't covered on standard auto policies.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful.