Options

2018 T@B 320 S Boondock goes Tactical Upgrades

We recently purchased a never used 2018 T@B 320 S Boondock in January 2022. So, we started to assess what features were on the market to enhance and upgrade the trailer. With many posts and ideas from the nuCamp T@B FORUM family the fun began. These photos are of the diamond plate AC vent, the front diamond plate tongue storage box, and the triple storage units that were just installed. All are third party vendor products for T@Bs. Because this is a Boondock model, we then added these upgrades for remote communication and extended off-grid travel as well as trouble free RV park environment. Looking forward to seeing y'all on the open road!
  • Cellular long range omni-directional booster antenna w/ Verizon 4g/5g Hotspot interface
  • Dome TV long range omni-directional antenna w/ repeater
  • WiFi booster extender antennas w/ Kingston High Gain Quad Mesh Array Router
  • Second 100W flex Solar Panel Array
  • Wireless Backup/Rearview Camera with 5'' Monitor, HD 1080P Locked Pairing Bluetooth Rear View Camera
  • Two External Lagun USA table mounts
  • REDARC Tow-Pro Elite V3 Electric Trailer Brake Controllers for 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Premium & 2015 Chevrolet Traverse
  • Light weight off-road armor skid plate undercarriage

High Sierra Boy / 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited Platinum / 2015 Chevrolet Traverse LT
2018 T@B 320 S Boondock Max Custom
Reno, NV

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,596
    @HighSierraBill ; Okay, what is:
    Light weight off-road armor skid plate undercarriage

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    HighSierraBillHighSierraBill Member Posts: 10
    Similar to a standard 4x4 offroad rock skid plate for offroad vehicles but custom to frame welded 1/8" aluminum plating to protect the trailer's boxed undercarriage from rocks and road debris. I might have used "rock skid plate" instead...
    High Sierra Boy / 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited Platinum / 2015 Chevrolet Traverse LT
    Reno, NV
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
    • Wireless Backup/Rearview Camera with 5'' Monitor, HD 1080P Locked Pairing Bluetooth Rear View Camera
    Tell me more, tell me more, please!  This is one of the things we wish could be wired into a trailer so your backup could be shown on the TVs infotainment screen, but a "locked" BT device would work.

Even better would be (but I suspect, might not pass muster with laws) if said device could also be used as a rear view display while cruising down the road (I HATE not being able to use my rear-view mirror!)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jay and Kat
    Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
    Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Please post a couple of photos of the "rock skid plate" if you would.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    @Jay_and_Kat I agree with you on the rear view mirror and a camera was one of the first things I installed. It's funny how many vehicles sneak up into your blind spot or on curves. I like the situational awareness from it - never thought there'd be a legal thing against it... Also agree on the infotainment concept.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    Regarding the Wireless Rear Camera - Amazon - The unit is a quick install on the license plate bolt. You can get to wiring with the T@B molding on the tail to wire the 12v power into the running lights. That way, your camera is operational 24/7 when your vehicle's lights are on. If your just want a backup camera solution, then attach your power to the backup 12v line. This one worked for us.

Wireless Backup Camera for Truck with 5'' Monitor, HD 1080P Bluetooth Rear View Camera Stable Digital Signals for Car SUV Pickup Sedan Support Add 2nd License Plate Camera/RV Camera - Brand DoHonest S23

$99.00 now

Reno, NV
  • Options
    Regarding the rock skid plate photos, the company that design it is in prototype mod with a possible product for market. Mine is the beta test. When they are really to launch, I will pre-post.
    Reno, NV