Options

AllPro Camper Cover for TAB 400 Campers

I have been buying covers for my 400 camper from Amazon for around $100. The covers don't fit that well and they last for about one year. I live in Souther California, and the camper is in direct sunlight with the exception of when it rains, which does not happen that often, and the covers begin to thin out and tear. Anyway, I was considering purchasing the AllPro for $560 but before I do have anyone used one form more than 3 years in the southwest of the U.S, and if so, how did it hold up over the years? If it only lasted a couple of years, then I will stick to purchasing the covers on Amazon for less, I would expect the AllPro to last for at least 4 or more years.
2021 T@B Boondock 400. 2021 Toyota SR5 V6

Comments

• Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    We're finishing our second storage season (November through April). It faces round end west and gets punishing New Mexico winds tunneling off of Burro Peak. Also, non stop SW sun. Since it, 1.) fits like a glove and 2.) is stitched like you wouldn't believe, I would be really surprised if we don't get at least two more winters.

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    We have been using the PahaQue cover for 2 years now and so far it's been great.  No signs of degrading and no tears or holes.  I'm sure it will last several more years.  We cover our trailer for 6-7 months of the year and leave it uncovered during our short summer and fall period.  While we do no live down south we do live at over 10,200 feet where the sun and UV is very intense.  I had one of those cheaper covers on our old pop up camper and it fell apart after a couple of years.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 129
    Good information, sounds like it's worth the money, thank you!
  • Options
    GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    The AllPro held up perfectly its first winter.  I expect is to last a very long time.
    2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited April 2022
    I strongly advise to not buy Pahaque if you cover year round. I've had three (didnt know of another option) and all three turned to literal dust in year 2 1/2 and were paper thin by the end of season three and ripped through like paper.  I'm on season three with my All Pro Adventures cover and it still looks and feels brand new!  I live in Maryland and T@b slightly shaded by house.

It's possible Pahaque has upgraded their fabric in the last three years but i will never buy Pahaque products again. It looks super nice when you n get it but year two it's like a dust cloud every time you put it on. It covers your cloths etc. 
  • Options
    RayJimRayJim Member Posts: 129
    Sounds similar to what happens to the covers that I purchase on Amazon, they eventually begin to disintegrate after the first year.
  • Options
    johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    Hey @Gherzig... thanks for using a snow photo. We retired to New Mexico from Worcester, NY, 9.5 years ago. That last, heavy/wet, 44" snow in late February, 2012 pushed us over the edge!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    I strongly advise to not buy Pahaque if you cover year round. I've had three (didnt know of another option) and all three turned to literal dust in year 2 1/2 and were paper thin by the end of season three and ripped through like paper.  I'm on season three with my All Pro Adventures cover and it still looks and feels brand new!  I live in Maryland and T@b slightly shaded by house.

It's possible Pahaque has upgraded their fabric in the last three years but i will never buy Pahaque products again. It looks super nice when you n get it but year two it's like a dust cloud every time you put it on. It covers your cloths etc. 
    Interesting.  Our is still in fantastic shape after 2 years of use.  This is at high elevation with strong UV and -20+ winter temps with feet of snow.  We only cover for about 6-7 months a year so not sure if that makes a difference or the fabric has just been improved.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Hopefully it's been improved. I called Pahaque to let them know (when the third one didn't even last three full seasons) the history I've had and they probably had alot more similar calls.  Possibly they just didn't know the product wasn't lasting.  Like I said above though I used it year-round and boy was it alot of work to take off/put on but I'm really worried about sun damage.  After seeing what the sun did to the cover,  I'm glad i kept it covered (despite the scratching of the windows etc)