Options

T@Bitha?

ELKELK Member Posts: 213
Hi all.
I was really excited to find the T@B S because it is within the tow limits of my Volvo, has a wet bath, and I want a trailer to use at dog shows and trials.  I especially like the T@abitha edition because it is neutral colors-- I  don't like that "funky" design upholstery-- and it has nice white beadboard!    I was wondering if anyone knew what the pricing is on the T-itha edition. Is it more than a MaxxS...and if so...is the upcost worth it in terms of what you get amenity wise...   ALso! I've never bought a trailer before.. I live in Portland OR and wonder if you just find a dealer who deals with T@B and order it? Is it like buying a car? derp. DO you go in and order it, expect to pay MSRP?
thanks in advance!   Nice group you have here!
Elizabeth
2015 T@B Max S.  TV: 2015.5 Volvo XC70. 

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    You can find the brochure for the T@bitha here(PDF).  Fully loaded it comes in at around 22K.  I don't think you are going to find too much wiggle room in the price, it is a limited model and I think they are made to order.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    thanks!
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You can custom order the upholstery. I wish I had known.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    bgualtieribgualtieri Member Posts: 272
    We love our T@bitha. These are some pix of our shakedown trip

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/12365/#Comment_12365

We we got a bit of a discount on it because it came without the decal and with the little sink which the person didn't want
    2015 T@b S Max | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited | was PHX East Valley, now Dallas!
  • Options
    Hey Jenn, Did you mean you can custom order the upholstery on a Maxx S? Or the T@bitha? 
  • Options
    On any T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Elk - You can customer order just about any way you want one - MaxS with the Outback axel, cabinet instead of fridge, upholstery from X model in Y model. You'd need to sit with a dealer and work it up, get a price and a delivery schedule from the factory. Custom of course takes longer to get than std.
  • Options
    too cool. but i suppose at that price it makes sense. i look it like buying a second home!

• Options
    I custom ordered mine but I had no idea that I could mix/match and neither did my dealer - only discovered that here on the forums.
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    ELK said:
    too cool. but i suppose at that price it makes sense. i look it like buying a second home!

This is why I justified my special order - I (like PXL) will be full time (when I retire in April) for at least a year or perhaps more. I wanted something I felt drawn to so decided to take the time for a special order. As stated above there were some discounts but also some additions (exterior choice won't be the same as the typical T@bitha). Getting excited as it's in the production line now so hoping to take delivery in the next few weeks!
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    We custom-ordered ours too and tried to add an external shower to the S-Maxx package. Unfortunately, our dealer thought that was not possible and we didn't get one - only to see later on this forum that others were successful in getting both indoor and outhdoor shower. Wish we were a bit more pushy on this one  :s ...
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    Machak88 said:
    We custom-ordered ours too and tried to add an external shower to the S-Maxx package. Unfortunately, our dealer thought that was not possible and we didn't get one - only to see later on this forum that others were successful in getting both indoor and outhdoor shower. Wish we were a bit more pushy on this one  :s ...
    If I were ordering and a dealer said no, I would double check with LG. I think they too often hive the easy answer.

• Options
    Jenn - Trouble is, unless you've been here on the forums and discovered what others have done, you're somewhat at the mercy of the dealer. In my case, I had two dealers equidistance from me, one wasn't wild about even talking a custom order - he really wanted to sell one off the lot - and the other wasn't that knowledgable about the T@Bs they sold or what could or could not be changed. At the time, I wasn't either.
    I didn't even think to call the factory, figured the dealers would certainly know.
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    At the time when we ordered our t@b, there was a single dealership covering GA and several neighboring states. We realy like our dealer, but I think they were fairly new into t@b business at the time and simply did not know. Same as PX, we were not on the firum at that time and had no idea that we could pick up the phone and talk to LG ourselves. So nice to see that many prospective t@b buyers join the forum AHEAD of placing their order - they'll be better positioned to determine what they want and to get it, too.
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    I was on the Forum and FB group ahead of buying my T@b. It was very helpful.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Other than the back bench (MaxS) is apolstered, not covers, so you'd have your work cut out for you pulling all those staples and redoing.
  • Options
    Yep - Still a lot of work stretching and stapling vs covers. I know, I replaced all my seating foam with something stiffer and the back bench seats were a lot of work.
  • Options
    You all are amazing! I am so glad I found this Forum! Thank you.

Does the outdoor shower include hot water? If so that could be REALLY great, because for a multi day show you really want to wash feet, ears, etc before each day.

• Options
    Oh...there are 2 dealers between 10-100 miles of me and a handful of others within 300....  Does anyone know if there are dealer ratings on the web?
    :)
    E
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    This is why I justified my special order - I (like PXL) will be full time (when I retire in April) for at least a year or perhaps more. I wanted something I felt drawn to so decided to take the time for a special order. As stated above there were some discounts but also some additions (exterior choice won't be the same as the typical T@bitha). Getting excited as it's in the production line now so hoping to take delivery in the next few weeks!
    I'll be sure to look for it later this week :)

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    I called the 2 dealers closest to me...one in Portland and one in Eugene (Oregon). The guy we talked to on the phone in Portland was trying to get us to put a deposit on an incoming TAB or he couldn't guarantee it would be on the lot long enough for us to see it. He proceeded to tell us all about it...to "sell" it when we were already obviously interested and just want a chance to actually experience it from inside. WHoa there Nellie....The other dealer...in Eugene, has 3 on the lot...and was more low key. And so begins the saga.    Anyone want to PM me with info about either of these dealers? Or want to recommend a dealer in the PNW? thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for that idea, Patti..(another great idea!)  I just searched and found a thumbs up for the Eugene dealer.
  • Options
    Seems like they just have the "S" models.   I have a papillon and 2 shelties that I show in breed, obedience and I herd sheep with the shelties.

• Options
    I have yet to step foot in one...I do like the T@abitha a lot....but we'll see! 

You tow yours with an Element? That's our other car.... My husband's. DO you have photos on the Forum?

Border collies are amazing...but I could not live with one...workaholics!

• Options
    GAPeachGAPeach Member Posts: 15
    Machak88 said:
    At the time when we ordered our t@b, there was a single dealership covering GA and several neighboring states. We realy like our dealer, but I think they were fairly new into t@b business at the time and simply did not know. Same as PX, we were not on the firum at that time and had no idea that we could pick up the phone and talk to LG ourselves. So nice to see that many prospective t@b buyers join the forum AHEAD of placing their order - they'll be better positioned to determine what they want and to get it, too.
    I'm in Stone Mountain.  Any chance I could see your tab and talk about some of the change you made.  You're welcome to PM me.
  • Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    My dealer told me you could buy your own fabric and send it back to the factory for them to make the cushions.  He suggested a sample sent first to make sure it was within their specs.  

Debbie
    Seattle, WA

Bulldogs Ester and Kohl, 1 retired show dog.  
    Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    oooo that sounds dangerously delicious!