Logo missing on 2019 T@B 400

Okay - purchased my 2019 T@B 400 a few months ago. I’m in Washington State so I don’t see very many T@Bs around me. What is missing here? Is it a sticker or a raised emblem? Can I order somewhere? Thanks for your time and thoughts. 
Tri-Cities, Washington State (The Fabulous PNW!!!)
2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite (Miss Sc@rlet)....she's originally from the South 
Tow: 2017 Tacoma V6 4x4, TRD/off-road package, tow package, #6400 limit (Patrick)

Comments

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited April 2022
    There is only a decal type sticker ,  actually a raised plastic emblem outline of the TaB logo shown by the darker color shadow in your photo.  Looks like it was removed, and you see the original rear bumper color.  A good rub out with a polishing compound would restore the rear bumper.  You can get a new decal from nüCamp via a TaB dealer.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • MissScarletand2DoodsMissScarletand2Doods Member Posts: 23
    @Denny16 - will a polishing compound help restore the fading of the red trim? Can you give me a name/ recommendation on a product you like?
    Tow: 2017 Tacoma V6 4x4, TRD/off-road package, tow package, #6400 limit (Patrick)

The trim is ABS, and most good quality automotive or marine cleaning/polishing company’s and som elbow grease will work.  I use a 3M marine fiberglass polishing compound, which should work.
     Cheers 
    @Denny16 - is this product used on the entire body or just the trim? Sorry for all the questions …. I’m a total newbie. 

@Denny16 - last one…..do you use the Cleaner and Wax OR the Restorer and Wax…….or are either fine?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited April 2022
    It's not a sticker. It's a raised "metal like" emblem. You should definitely be able to order a replacement from a Nucamp dealer. 
  • Skip the cleaner. Order a replacement emblem. It looks nice back there.   :)
    @TabbyShack - the red is quite oxidized. Is there a product that you can recommend to pull the original color out over the entire red trim - or a technique (watching YouTube) that you recommend? I see the 3M products on Amazon but unsure what would be best for the current condition of the ABS plastic.

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    MissScarletand2Doods said:
    . . . I’m in Washington State so I don’t see very many T@Bs around me. . . .
    LOL  :) (sorry) but I must disagree at least for west of the Rocky Mountains.

In my Travels - - some 32,000 miles - - Washington State is number ONE for seeing other T@Bs "in-the-wild" with Oregon a distant second.

But to be fair . . . most of my sightings are on I-5 or I-90 . . . not the Tri-Cities area.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
    @TabbyShack - I agree with a new emblem. I'll call local nuCamp dealer (250 miles away) and see if one can be ordered through them.

@MuttonChops - I'm a new owner but have lived in Washington my entire life. I just don't see many out there on the roads - but, I am opposite of the Seattle I-5 corridor (thank God). I've connected with a group in PNW, but yet to meet/see any of them. Again - you don't get any 'greener' than me  ;)

edited April 2022
    I'm not sure but I think the plastic just fades and doesn't oxidize like paint.  I think once you get the emblem back on to cover the darker red it won't be so obvious.  You might be able to find something to shine it but it wouldn't stay on that long and probably wouldn't be worth it. I have black trim but I had great results on my 2019 400 with McGuiars #39 and #40 plastic cleaner and the polish. It didn't stay on long though.   Next I tried just old style canned car wax and it did a great long lasting shine. I use mothers carnauba wax.  My 2022 400 is brand new and the black plastic looks terrible. It's dull and scratched up even in brand new condition. I'm taking the can of wax with me camping next weekend to fix it up.  I can never find the time for stuff like that at home.  

edited April 2022
    Here is a half and half picture of the results from the McGuiars #39 and #40 but it didn't last. I didn't think to do the same thing with the wax but I suggest the wax since it lasts longer time.  Also a great pic of the emblem! It's definitely not a decal. Just to clarify, there is nothing on the left side. That's how bad it looked before. This was my 2019 400. The caranuba wax provides the same result but doesn't wash off. 

edited April 2022
    It's not a sticker. It's a raised "metal like" emblem. You should definitely be able to order a replacement from a Nucamp dealer. 
    You are correct, I was going by a photo,of a 2019 TaB and it looked like a flat decal/sticker.  I just checked our 2018, and it has a raised plastic chrome metal looking logo, not a flat decal or sticker.  But the plastic logo is held down by an adhesive base.  It is not solid on the late 2018 TaB, but just raised logo,you show, but the background is the TaB trim, not a solid disk.
    Thanks for the heads up.
     Cheers 
    @Denny16 - last one…..do you use the Cleaner and Wax OR the Restorer and Wax…….or are either fine?
    Not sure, I think what I have is a cleaner wax combo, will have to check in the morning.  That said, ours is trimmed in blue, and has held up quite well, still the original color, no fading.  I do use the 3M product on the whole trailer, once a year.  I use a McGuiars wash/wax solution to keep the trailer clean, with a monthly wash down, (except when it is raining, the rain washes it for me.  B)
     cheers  
  • RomanaRomana Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2022
    MissScarletand2Doods said:
    . . . I’m in Washington State so I don’t see very many T@Bs around me. . . .
    LOL  :) (sorry) but I must disagree at least for west of the Rocky Mountains.

In my Travels - - some 32,000 miles - - Washington State is number ONE for seeing other T@Bs "in-the-wild" with Oregon a distant second.

But to be fair . . . most of my sightings are on I-5 or I-90 . . . not the Tri-Cities area.

MissScarteand2Doods,

We have one of three T@Bs in our small neighborhood  :). Port Townsend = "we're all here because we're not all there"! Good luck with your emblem!
    Romana - 2005/6 Thor T@B T16
    Towed by 2003 Toyota Tundra Stepside
    Port Townsend, WA
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449
    Denny, I’ve used a product with good success on my vehicles called Color Back.  I’m not sure of brand, maybe Meguirs or Turtle Wax.  I got it at Walmart.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

Yes, I have something similar on the black trim of my Jeep.
     Cheers