Options

Kitchen faucet 2022 Tab 320S

Attempting to change kitchen faucet in 2022 Tab 320S and have not been able to loosen the nut under the cabinet that secures the faucet. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Comments

• Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 304
    Rods320 said:
    Attempting to change kitchen faucet in 2022 Tab 320S and have not been able to loosen the nut under the cabinet that secures the faucet. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 
    I replaced mine last year. It is kind of a tight spot but I was able to rotate the original faucet a bit from above and that helped loosen up the nut under the cabinet.
    Rods320Rods320 Member Posts: 2
    We turned the faucet like you suggested however it didn’t loosen the nut. We plan to try again today. Thank you so much for replying. 
  • Options
    ParlandoParlando Member Posts: 123
    @Rods320    I had a similar problem with the kitchen faucet in my house, where I struggled for hours to remove the two nuts but couldn't do it.  Finally a plumber suggested that I use a drill bit to cut the nuts on both sides of each nut. I tried that and was done in 10 minutes.  You don't need the old nuts anyway, as the new faucet comes with its own.
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    We changed ours this spring while on vac in Georgia. I couldn't get under there because of post surgery limitations. I got a photo of it with my phone, decided the only tool I had that would work was a pair of channel locks plyers. I explaned to my wife the objective and she was able to loosen the nut enough to hand spin it off. She is not that handy with tools. I think if she could do it, about any one could. The biggest problem we had were the size adaptors needed to connect the new fawcet to the water supply, found them at a local Ace hardware, and everything went back together nicely.
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    Plumbers have a special wrench for this. Twisting the faucet works when you hold the nut in position. I had my wife hold the channel locks on the nut with the handles against the back wall. Then, I turned the faucet from above.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    GregChrisGregChris Member Posts: 189
    Definately a 2 person job.
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    I haven't tried...or checked mine to see if this would work....but the tool that Mickerly refers to is a 'basin wrench'.  Lowes and Home Depot carry them but, for a one time use, you might find a less expensive option at Harbor Freight.