320 Cassette Part Number and Approximate Cost? - Info from Help@nucamprv.com added 4/26.

CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
edited April 2022 in Products and Accessories
Does anyone that purchased a second cassette for the toilet in a newer 320 have the part number and remember the approximate cost (I know I can call the factory)?
We're looking at options for our next T@B and starting to think a new 320 might be a fit for us, instead of a 400. A big reason we sold our 2019 320 was the 5 gal. black tank was too limiting for our dry camping needs...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
 - Sold Jan 2022

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    CrabTab said:
    . . .  A big reason we sold our 2019 320 was the 5 gal. black tank was too limiting
           for our dry camping needs...
    Confused here.  The yr-2019 Black Tank was/is 8-gallons.

Cassette removal-tank is rated at 5-galllons.
    So two cassettes if maxed out will be 10-gallons . . . . not much of an increase.
    Also, expect real-world cassette won't be filled to maximum of 5-gallons when you decide "we better dump or swap tank"

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Yep, made a typo and should have pushed 8 instead of 5 @MuttonChops. Considering buying more than one cassette and was looking for part number and the unit price.
    Hope this clears up all the confusion.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    CrabTab said:
    . . .  A big reason we sold our 2019 320 was the 5 gal. black tank was too limiting
           for our dry camping needs...
    Confused here.  The yr-2019 Black Tank was/is 8-gallons.

Cassette removal-tank is rated at 5-galllons.
    So two cassettes if maxed out will be 10-gallons . . . . not much of an increase.
    Also, expect real-world cassette won't be filled to maximum of 5-gallons when you decide "we better dump or swap tank"

You can dump a cassette in a pit toilet or take it to a dump station without going to the hassle of hitching up your trailer. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • SLJSLJ Member Posts: 445
    Why two cassettes? How about something to dump the cassette into when it gets filled. They make them with wheels.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Camco 39000 Rhino Heavy Duty 15 Gallon Portable RV Waste Holding Tank with Hose and Accessories - Durable Leak Free and Odorless RV Tote Tank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DN8X8M6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FK3APBH2KZNB6PJR2K83?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    Great point @Marceline!
    I've seen the Blue Boy and other carriers @SLJ and @TabbyShack. Most of them seem to be 10-25 gallons. Honestly, that's more 'stuff' (90lbs or more) than DW or I want to hoist around at one time.
    Perhaps my question should have been 'What's the model of the toilet used in the newest 320?' I can search out the answer from there.
    Thanks all that have tried to help so far!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited April 2022
    Took some hunting, but this is the latest info I can find: Thetford C403L appears to be the cassette toilet found on most 2021 and later 320s (supply chain issues forced a few of another model). I seem to recall seeing an additional cassette being under $200, but that was pre-current pricing insanity.

(For the record, if 8 is too small, 10 isn’t enough of an improvement in my book. I’d absolutely go with a 400 if the goal is to stay with a Tab and be able to stay off grid longer…more capacity on all fronts, not just black tank. But everyone has different priorities. EDIT: Wait, the black tank on the 400 is only 12 gallons? Yeesh. Guess you could have three cassettes then to basically match that!)
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
    SLJ said:
    Why two cassettes? How about something to dump the cassette into when it gets filled. They make them with wheels.
    That just adds another slop transfer. Personally, I would rather just swap cassettes. But to each his own.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    edited April 2022
    Thanks @VictoriaP. That is the info I needed.
    I agree with your comments about the 400 and larger capacities overall. We are conflicted on our decision and have been T@Bless since February because of indecision. The 320 is still in our thoughts because the footprint is a size my spouse feels comfortable towing when she wants to solo. Maybe we need one of each (it's just money, right?!).

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    edited April 2022
    @CrabTab RE: “the footprint is a size my spouse feels comfortable towing when she wants to solo”

Honestly, this is critical, and not just for solo trips. I’ve been in a medical emergency situation as part of a traveling couple, with an RV I was not even remotely capable of driving, and it’s a nightmare. Both halves of a couple should be comfortable driving any rig purchased, especially as we age, and especially when boondocking.

There’s not a huge difference in size between the two models, though, unless you’re also changing tow vehicles. A bit wider, a bit longer, a little taller. It’s not like jumping to a 30 footer. I suspect she’d get used to it pretty quickly. I’m pretty timid about towing, and the 400 seems very doable to me with the right tow vehicle. I do get being conflicted, changing rigs is not an easy decision!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited April 2022
    I'm in a local group of ladies and the three of us all have T@b 400's. We are all over 50 and we all tow our 400's alone. Towing/backing up a 400 is no different than with a 320 as far as the driver is concerned. I've owned both and there is absolutly no difference at all.  If I was hard pressed to cite a difference I might say the 320 is a tiny bit more difficult to back up because it's tiny size makes it a bit squirrely but honestly there is no real difference enough to have this as a deciding factor in which one you buy.  Im comfortable saying you don't need to consider this in your decision. 
  • CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    Is it inappropriate to dig a hole out in the woods and dump the cassette there? Assuming you not in an established camping area?
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
    North Georgia
  • CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 438
    edited April 2022
    With regard to the OP's initial question, it looks like there are two models of the Thetford C430L cassette toilet storage tank:
    • 32326 C400 Holding Tank ‰- Left Hand and
    • 32327 C400 Holding Tank ‰- Right Hand
    They appear to be identical in the photos I saw, and are both priced at about $300. It's not clear to me which version is used in the 320 and there was no information I could find on the Thetford site. One UK website states that "The hand of the toilet is determined by the side of the outside wall (where the waste holding tank is removed from) of the caravan/motorhome. For example, if you are sat on the toilet and the outside wall is on your left then you will need a left-handed toilet." 
    The tank on the 320 is removed from the left side of the camper, but when you're sitting on the toilet, the outside wall is on the right. So it's still nor clear which is the correct version. 
    "Anyone? Anyone? . . . Bueller?"
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
    CharlieRN said:
    With regard to the OP's initial question, it looks like there are two models of the Thetford C430L cassette toilet storage tank:
    I saw that too @CharlieRN, after @VictoriaP directed me to the probable model toilet installed in the 320. Determining a ballpark figure for the cassette cost was our primary purpose of the original post. We'll get actual part info (left/right) from the factory should we go this route. Thanks for your help!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
    CCC said:
    Is it inappropriate to dig a hole out in the woods and dump the cassette there? Assuming you not in an established camping area?
    Inappropriate yes, but also unsanitary and usually illegal. The National Park Service, the US Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management all prohibit dumping human waste on their lands. The same is true for many other US and State agencies.
    CrabTab said:
    CharlieRN said:
    I saw that too @CharlieRN, after @VictoriaP directed me to the probable model toilet installed in the 320. Determining a ballpark figure for the cassette cost was our primary purpose of the original post. We'll get actual part info (left/right) from the factory should we go this route. Thanks for your help!
    Please let us know what the correct part number is. Asking for a friend . . .
  • PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    Why not devise a sewage hose leading from the cassette tank to the in-ground sewer opening?  Some local company that deals in plastic welding should be able to help you-especially if you supply the parts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited April 2022
    There is a part already available called the Americanizer. I will post link,  but Crabtab is asking because they plan to mostly boondock without hookups. 

The Americanizer - RV Sewage Adapter for Cassettes and Portable Toilets. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098BMXGCQ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FAQZHYD2V3T0PQQZ86GX
    Passport said:
    Why not devise a sewage hose leading from the cassette tank to the in-ground sewer opening?  Some local company that deals in plastic welding should be able to help you-especially if you supply the parts
    I think that the issue is ensuring sufficient sludge storage capacity until they can get to a place to get rid of it, not the process of getting rid of it.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    @CharlieRN

I emailed help@nucamprv.com asking about right or left hand cassette tank and received a reply from Raphael in about an hour.

"...The cassette toilet would be considered a right handed cassette toilet. ..."

Gotta' love a company this dedicated to prompt customer service!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022