Gosh I Like My T@B

MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
At times all the various discussion issues/problems/calls for help can be depressing.

So just want to say . . . I really like my 320S . . .

Am winding down a short spring adventure and the T@B has been a real trooper.
No issues towing, nice an comfy with the Alde, more than enough water & black tank for solo'ing (no cassette here), and a real sense of home each evening.

Now only if my eBike had not had a major electrical failure,
if only my trip wasn't shortened because of the eBike failure
life would be 100% perfect.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+

Comments

• berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    We feel the same about ours!  I constantly look at other trailers and nothing seems to compare to a T@b.  We hope to have ours for decades!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Another Rabid Tabber here! I’m in year six with my 2017 320S and loving it more each year! I took my first long solo trip last month and have no complaints about my Tab. Weather range was all seasons in four weeks; cool spring temps, to a few inches of snow and never warming to 32’, to 85’, and back to spring temps. Thanks @MuttonChops for this post! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 361
    I'm with you @MuttonChops!  Even when we have to call it work we still enjoy getting out in our Escape Pod.  We just got back from a 4 day "work assignment" and our T@b was our onsite home away from home.  The wife was the hired cook for a 4 day workshop so we towed it onsite so we didn't have to drive back and forth everyday.  After cooking dinner and prepping for breakfast each night we walked 50 feet and burrowed down for a good nights rest.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Gosh I Like My t@b, and all of the wonderful people who provide us with information, tips, humor and unabashed joy on this forum for just owning one of these very delightful special trailers. @MuttonChops, we salute your appreciation and thank you for this thread.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Here here! I will second that!
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • DerecoDereco Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2022
    This is a positive theme and I want to echo it. We love our Tab. While we bought a second home an hour’s drive from our main home a few years after we bought  the Tab - and hence camp a little less - when we use it, we enjoy it. It sits in the garden of our second place as a guest room, reading room, and place to nap. Or conversation piece for the people who pass by and stop to admire.  Can’t build on for the price of the Tab. And then when on the road, all the other positive attributes kick in. What’s not to love: a guest house and small trailer all in one. And when parked in the driveway at our principle home, it’s a guest house again or office to work in.  
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    We use ours in a similar manner.  Our home is quite small, 1000 SF with one bed and one bath.  We use our 400 as a guest space as we have full hook ups for it here at the house.  Our friends love staying in it.
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    What an inspiring post for us new owners! We only had the privilege of two one night outings so far - but both times it has already made us feel so good about the decision we made to finally get our first trailer!

This weekend is our true maiden voyage. Serenity is now dewinterized - so easy to do thanks to reading this forum!! - and we are heading to Caesar Creek State Park in Ohio for the weekend. Weather forecast is iffy but we don’t care. Wife said just load up the iPad with the new episodes of Ozark and we will go with the flow (you can never trust Ohio forecasts anyway)! My new Blackstone is seasoning now, and I am looking forward to this being one weekend of many in our new T@B.

Cheers,
    Kevin
  • kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    We just finished our trip from Arizona to our Minnesota home for the summer.  After we fixed a water leak at the water pump fitting, our new T@b 320s BD was a joy to tow and use.  The Honda Ridegline (using the "S" transmission position) gave us 15-21 mpg at 70 mph depending on the wind speed and direction, and terrain. Perfectly stable with a simple friction sway control bar.

The multi-functional bed/lounge/dinette is genius.  Many bed arrangement options, we decided on one of a couple twin bed setups with our new little puppy sleeping on the aft section that joins the beds together.  She was very comfortable and so were we.  The Alde heat system is incredible.  Never used the Air Conditioner.

The kitchenette is well arranged and functional, compressor refrigerator adequate, efficient and cooled flawlessly.  The bath is tight but usable.  The bath sink is useless except handy storage.  The cassette toilet is the best travel toilet we've ever had, easy and perfectly clean to empty at various locations along the way.  No need for an RV dump ever.

We had two Battle Born 12v 100 amp lithium batteries installed in the propane tub, so no shortage of power even on a string of cloudy days.  Compressor fridge always on.

It was a relatively fast trip covering about 2000 miles due to weather on the route, but after towing larger Airstreams extensively around the country, we can say we really, really like our Tab 320.  I wouldn't want to live in it for sure, everything we need for travel and nothing we don't.

Doug and Cheryl
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    @kottum When sleeping in the twin configuration,  do you pull out the slats at all to increase the width of each bed?  What do you do with the back rest cushion?  We have tried the twin setup with slats extended slightly, but found the beds to be a little narrow.
    Thanks.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 187
    @scott14 We sleep in the twin configuration in our 2021 320S.  We slide the slats out just enough to let the back cushion drop in back of the seat cushion.  That gives about 23.5" of bed width.  It's fine for my wife.  It's a bit narrow for me but I make it work. 
    I've thought about making a short cushion the thickness of the seat cushion that would fit in back of the seat cushion (removing the back cushion and the other angled back cushion).  That would make it about 4" wider but then I don't know what I'd do with those 2 back cushions while sleeping.

2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 410
    @Flybone89 not sure I'd want to watch Ozark on a lake-front campground.  I'd be nervous any time I spotted a Ford SportTrak pickup roll by.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    We pull out the slats and drop the back cushion as WayneW shows in the photo above.  This is for our legs, plenty of space.  They aft side cushions we set upright along the head of the bed, or store in the aft compartment under the bed at night.  That gives plenty of shoulder and body space.

Doug
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    Thank you for the further details.  So you sleep head toward the rear of the trailer?  We tried that but the rear cabinets on the 2022's are very close to the cushions when in bed configuration.   It did not work for us.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    edited April 2022
    We got our new trailer in June of 2020 and have put at least one trip a month each year since then. We love it, its size is perfect for the 2 of us' get aways. This is our 1st trailer and is a learning experience. No serious problems and there's always some creative way to make it our own. Questions? Sure. This trailer rattles down the road so of course it may require maintenance, but we haven't been greatly inconvenienced. NuCamp does a good job learning and improving the model. Noticed that the drain hoses may leak into the cabin. Probably why company stopped putting the valves in the Nautilus box in 2022. Problem seen; problem solved.
    We also pull out our slats part way for 2 twins. I'm in the process of splitting one back in half to use one on each side. This way I only have one back to deal with. (Oh yeah love the cassette). My wife is a bit claustrophobic, I'm not so I'm good under the cabinets and she's opposite with head by bath. I built a lite and shelf there for her.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 187
    We’re just opposite. My wife sleeps with her head under the cabinets on the passenger side. I’m the claustrophobic one so I sleep with my head by the bath.  That also allows her to use the USB port to run a white noise machine. I’ve been known to snore a bit, or so she tells me!

Splitting one cushion back is a good solution.  I’ll have to look into it.  My upholstery skills aren’t that great though.

My wife and I enjoy the heck out of our trailer. I look at RVs on Craigslist for fun sometimes and just can’t imagine buying something else. Each to his/her own, but we are firmly a T@B couple and not likely to change. Part of it is the support from the folks on this forum.

Happy Camping!
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho