Options

Stapled Board to Bed Frame Cutout at Alde Compartment Door Fell Off

johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
edited April 2022 in Factory Comments
When opening up Alde Compartment, this board (below) was off. It's a Baltic birch ply strip, 2" x 40". Has 4 wimpy staples, 3/8" staple legs into bed frame cutout. Staples match up with holes 3/4" in on bed frame and are 1/4" in from edge of disassociated board. Board attaches to nothing on either end.
I can't imagine this contributes strength to anything. If I reattach, it would have to be with tiny wood screws.
Anyone else bump into this? Did you reattach somehow or put it into "storage"?  Thanks for the help!

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM

Comments

• Options
    Had outside Alde hatch open to dry it out. When I went to close up Alde compartment under bed, the daylight coming through the hinged seam made it clear the stapled board is there to help keep outside air out. Will leave it off for next trip and determine if it is something to be concerned with.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    I had mine come loose under the bed in our 2020 400 BDL, I simply used gorilla glue and some clamps to repair. There are 2 screws that you can remove the hinged portion at the head of the bed that allows you to take it out of the camper to have easy access to fix this. 

I feel it is important to help provide additional support for the part of the bed where the most weight is typically located. 

Here is what mine looked like before gluing; this is with the hinged access panel lifted open.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Thanks for the reply, Brad!
    Just in case someone does a search in future and lands here... these board pieces appear to be different. Yours has many more staples (but didn't do much good) and looks like it spans to the perpendicular wall(s). Mine has 5 staples and is two inches short of walls on either side.
    Mine looks like it was a scrap board that was stapled in to prevent outside air draft through the door seam.