ALDE heat circulation path in TAB320S 2021

Is there a diagram or other info available which points out the heat flow from the Alde system? Just want to make sure I don't accidentally block anything.
2021 TAB 320S  Boondock

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    There are glycol runs under the side benches and under the rear bench.  I can’t find pictures, but there are cut outs along the bottom of the benches.  These allow cold air to enter, which gets warmed by the convectors which then rises and exits through the opening at the top of the bench and behind the bed.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jcrystaljcrystal Member Posts: 32
    Thanks, helpful. 
    2021 TAB 320S  Boondock
  • fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 361
    The Alde heating system in the T@bs use convection to move warm air into the cabin.  The pics below show my older model but the principle is the same and while I'm not sure what your 2021 cabin looks like I think you'll find similar looking slots cut in your lower bench cabinets.  There is nothing in the side benches to restrict the air flow in and out, but the cool air that is trying to move from the cabin floor to the rear convectors gets "conflicted" by whatever stuff you have packed under the rear bench area.  My 2015 has storage area under the passenger side of the rear bench.  If you use rugs or mats on the floor you need to make sure they don't cover up the slots at the very bottom of the bench panels and therefore reduce the flow of cool air to the heating convectors.  There is no danger to the system if that occurs (that I know of), it just reduces the efficiency of the heating process and how much warm air gets back into the cabin.
    The first pic below is the passenger bench area in my 2015.      *sorry about the "tiny text"!

Pic below is of the same bench area but shown from the front of the bench.

This is probably way more info that you were wanting...  :dizzy:
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    jcrystal said:
    Is there a diagram . . . heat flow from the Alde system?
    The typical piping (tubes) layout for the Adle in the T@B 320 is:

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Maybe someone with a 2021 can chime in - I thought there was another convector under the driver side bench?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 361
    My 2015 had convectors under the driver side bench.  I eliminated them so I could route the lines to facilitate gravity draining of the system plus I felt the heat in the same area with the converter was not a great idea.  NuCamp eliminated the driver side convectors in the 2016 models but I don't know what happened on models after 2016.
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4