Options

Sales Arrangement

GoOutsideGoOutside Member Posts: 3
First time selling an item through the Forum.
Does anyone have input as to options on how to arrange the Transaction of  Payment / Items send ?!?!
Want to make sure that both parties feel comfortable about the security of the exchange.
(seeing that there is so much scamming going on these days)
Thank you in advance for suggestions....

Comments

• Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 612
    I use PayPal or Venmo.  Be sure to tag the transaction as a Purchase in each to get the payment protection coverage.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,003
    I use Zelle to transfer money to my family and friends accounts when needed.  I do not use Paypal or Venmo.  Zelle is directly between banks with no middle man involved like paypal and Venmo.  It has $0 fees and shows up in the others account in literally seconds or a minute or two at most.  Thousands of banks use it and if yours does there will generally be a Zelle link in your online banking tabs.  The first time I use it with a new friend or family member I generally send $5 first and when they tell me it is in the account I then send the remaining amount.  Just to ensure I did not enter anything incorrect.  So far it has worked flawlessly.  

If both parties are local I have often gone to my bank or the other persons bank and gotten a cashiers check with both parties present.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    dpsychsdpsychs Member Posts: 1
    I sold a plane recently, and for a significant amount of cash like that, we used bank-to-bank wire transfer.