Options

Wet Bedding Storage Mystery

Hello, I need some help with probable causes for wet bedding we stored in our 2022 Tab 320 S. I stored two rolled up blankets in the storage area that is to the rear of the AC - so this would be the large open compartment on the passenger rear side. It has no plumbing or anything in this area, so it seems like it would be a really nice storage compartment to use for bedding. But when we went to pull out the two blankets for our camping trip this past weekend, both blankets had pretty large wet spots on them. I have no idea how they got wet. Here is the evidence I have so far:
  • The Tab was stored for 3 weeks and we did have a lot of heat and humidity (there is a DampRid in the trailer when stored).
  • There is no plumbing in this area, but on the other side is where the outdoor shower hose is located. However, there were two pillows on that side right above the shower hose and they were perfectly dry!
  • We did start using the AC prior to pulling them out but it wasn't very long before.
  • I checked as best I could - hard to reach back there! - but it was dry! I could not see any wet spots or signs of any leak.
So our initial hypothesis was condensation - but it was only a few really wet spots - not the entire blanket. One thought was the AC, but after the AC ran awhile, we checked and there was no water. Maybe the shower hose was the culprit where maybe it drained a bit and went under the pillows?

Has anyone else had something similar happen in this area? Any ideas? I really want to use this area for storage - it's so big and roomy! But is it typically prone to moisture. I assume not - that would lead to bigger issues so I'm hoping it was just a fluke issue with the shower hose...

Thanks,
Kevin