Options

How to remove water spots?

xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
We have our camper parked next to the lawn and keep it covered until we start getting it ready for spring/summer travel. We had a sprinkler that was splashing a bit into the side of the camper and we didn’t realize it until it left water marks. They are on the driver side and porthole windows. 
Any idea of a product or technique to get the spots off? 
Follow up question- has anyone had their camper ceramic coated or done it themselves? 
2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.

Comments

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,010
    I would just wash and wax the trailer. Then use some McGuires plastic cleaner followed by their plastic polish on the windows. I just cleaned our windows yesterday with that and they look fantastic. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    RVMikeRVMike Member Posts: 24

Mike and Priscilla, White Salmon, WA
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge, 2020 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    A few years ago I did the same thing with my Navion motorhome, the tail hung over the grass and got nailed by the sprinklers.  I used a product called "Hot Sauce" to remove the water spots.  It worked OK, but not great.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,199
    Straight vinegar works really well and is relatively harmless. I always start with vinegar and then move onto stronger chemicals if it doesn't remove it. Since you'll be wiping the windows just use a soft cloth and very little pressure. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 355
    I agree with the vinegar. After the windows are clean Any spray and wipe wax will work. We use Mother's brand, but others are equally good. 

I would use Graphene or a paste car wax for the rest of the trailer. Both work well. They are easier to apply than ceramic and last longer.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @Mickerly Do you use wax on your windows? I’m not familiar with Mother’s brand. I’m assuming it is for the sides and the windows? 

I think we will start with the vinegar for sure. After the side is clean we would like to put some kind of wax/protectant to help make cleaning easier. 

Thank you for the suggestions! 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    Mother's and Meguiar's are the two better selling car products. Normally I use Mother's, but last time Meguiar's was discounted. I'm currently using Meguiar's Quick Wax. You spray it on while the trailer is still wet after washing. Then dry. It leaves a thin coating of wax without using any abrasives. There is also a small UV protectant in the wax.

Yes, I use it on windows as well as the rest of the trailer. It makes them very easy to clean, bugs don't stick. 
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    Yes, I have used vinegar. it didn't  make of a dent on the water spots.  Hot Sause did. I'm not saying that it is great, but it caused the waterspots to go away with enough applications. 
  • Options
    When vinegar doesn't work move to something stronger. CLR or a bathroom cleaner. Be careful. The windows are acrylic. Unless you want to do a lot of buffing, don't use anything abrasive.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"