Options

Replacing a broken Fantastic fan Cover issue?

I have a T@B 400 BD I just purchased.  After my trip from the dealer in Georgia to my home in Virginia I noticed the outside cover for the Fantastic Fan was not locking down.  I found the lift mechanism arm fits into a slide that is attached to the cover.  The two tabs that hold the slide bracket broke off and fell onto the motor fan.  My issue is I can't find a part number to replace the cover.  The model is VF1250.  I found one website that indicated the cover PN was K1020-19.  I ordered one of those and what came was a smoked translucent cover with a slight dome top where mine is opaque black and has a flat top.  The hinge screw hole placement was off on the replacement and the slide bracket for the lift mechanism position was off horizontally by an inch.  Basically it won't fit.  My search on the forums returned only Posts from people wanting to put a rain cover over the fan but nothing about replacing a broken lid.  Does anyone have a part number for the correct lid?  The two tabs holding the slide bracket are really poorly engineered.  The Dometic website indicates my Fantastic fan model is discontinued.  :/

2022 nuCamp T@B 400 Boondock
2021 Subaru Ascent

Comments

• Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 266
    I had a similar issue.  I ordered from a local camper dealership and the wrong one arrived...twice!  
    I finally described mine with dimensions etc. and they finally found the correct model.  My issue was that the location of the bracket was wrong.  They kept sending me a model that had the bracket too close to one side.  Yours looks similar to mine.  For mine, the correct dimension is about 2 1/2" from one edge.  If this matches yours, I think the part number you need is a K4020-19 (serial number 14297791). 

I hope this helps!