2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5
2013 KZ Durango 336RE
2013 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ Duramax
Akron, Ohio Summer/Fall and out camping
Largo, Florida Winter

Comments

• Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    They look like a better option than finding your locked boxes pried open and ruined by a thief. I still think locking a box that's way more expensive than anything in it is a bad idea.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    SprocketSprocket Member Posts: 46
    If you put your expensive lithium battery in the box, it is worth it. Nice idea!  I am trying to decide how to secure mine.  I will check this out.  
    Subaru Wilderness/Tab320s 2022
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Sprocket said:
    If you put your expensive lithium battery in the box, it is worth it. Nice idea!  I am trying to decide how to secure mine.  I will check this out.  
    lithium batteries are better off inside where they are more secure (out of sight) and they'll stay warmer (at least here in the North). Plenty of room for one under the passenger bench seat.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    SprocketSprocket Member Posts: 46
    I agree @SLJ but I am not confident in the wiring I have to do to move it there.
    Subaru Wilderness/Tab320s 2022
  • Options
    kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    I am good with our lithium batteries in the locked in the front tub.  They are out of sight same as inside the trailer.  If someone, somehow knows the trailer has them, and they want to steal them, better they break into the tub than the trailer itself.  If all else fails we pay insurance companies dearly to cover some of the costs of our stuff.

I suppose it is foolish for all of us to discuss our lithium batteries or any valuables on this public forum, if we want to keep it a secret.  Hopefully most subscribers are also owners, and not thieves.

Douglas
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    If you keep your T@B where folks can here it I sure like the alarm system I put in mine. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    Sprocket said:
    I agree @SLJ but I am not confident in the wiring I have to do to move it there.
    It's possible to lock a battery in the front tub without locking the tub itself. I use a vinyl coated cable cut to the right length with swaged eyes at each end. A good hardware or marine supply place can do this. Of course, someone could cut it with bolt cutters, but it is a deterrent.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab