Options

Apparently the T@b must be leveled to empty the gray water tank

After reading a number of comments on the forum, I decided to empty my fresh water tank by running the faucet until it seemed empty, then letting the gray water just go out on my driveway (it had been dumped when I was at a campground). I ran the faucet until it started sputtering and then shut it, then opened the gray water valve and...... nothing. When I parked my T@b the other day I didn't level it, and it was front end up a bit due to the slope of the ground. I guess it needs to be level to flow out by gravity, or maybe (it just occurred to me) that the sputtering of the faucet was because it had last been run on city water and maybe my fresh water tank is still actually pretty full. In any event, I am planning on future trips having the fresh water tank mostly or fully empty, then possibly filling it with my white water hose before hooking the hose up to the city water connection.
2016 T@b S Maxx
2011 Subaru Outback
Rockford, Illinois

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yes, you need it at least level or lower in front, both waste tanks drain to the front. Most dump stations I've hit are pretty much level. On those, if I want better drainage, I lay down a couple of my lego blocks and pull the T@B up on those to get it sloped forward. Since most of the big rigs drain to the back I've run into some where the dump station pads are slopped. Usually these have been two sided so one can pull around to the other side to get a forward slope. If one can't, then you may not get a complete drain.
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Also needs to be level left to right, or slightly to the left...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...