Options

Leaving the trailer while at a campsite

CorbinpiloCorbinpilo Member Posts: 21
What systems/switches do you turn off when leaving the camper for a few hours? Let's assume you are connected to water and electric.  

Chris & Gina 
2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited July 2015
    If I'm connected, I don't turn anything off - If it's hot, I'll leave the air on low also.
    I should add - Since I do so much boondocking, I almost always have my fresh water filled so I rarely even hook up to camp water.
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    We shut off the the water if hooked up to city water.  We have seen hoses heat up and blow apart in extreme heat.
    A/C stays on if hot.
    Heat stays on if cold.
  • Options
    CorbinpiloCorbinpilo Member Posts: 21
    Thanks folks. The reason I asked is because some fulltime Podcasters (in larger motorhomes) recommend turning off nearly everything electric unless you have an auto start generator. This is in case the shore power goes out. 

They also recommend shutting off the city water to avoid any flooding caused by leaks while away from the camper. 

Obviously they are talking about more complex systems in larger rigs but it made me double think what we are doing since I don't have the experience to know better. 

If anyone else has input I'd love to hear more feedback.  

Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    USWildflowersUSWildflowers Member Posts: 177
    I turn off the city water (or if not on city water, water pump, which I usually keep off unless I need it anyway) - those aren't soldered copper lines in the T@b, and why risk the damage/mess of a potential blowout?
    gerry - Flintstone, GA - 2015 T@B S - 2012 Toyota Highlander