Options

Alde maintenance in NW Montana

We live in Whitefish MT.  We bought our Tab 320 BD in PA.  The nearest NuCamp dealer is 3 hours away in Missoula (Bretz).  It’s time for us to replace the glycol in our Alde 3020.  When I called Bretz to set up the appointment, I got the feeling they didn’t know about the glycol service.  And now I’m a bit nervous about having the work done there.  So I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with Bretz as relating to Tab specific work.

Alde does not show Bretz as a service center, but it does show a service center, R & R RV Center, in Liberty Lake near Spokane WA which is about 4/5 hours away.  I’m waiting on a callback from them to discuss possibly doing the service.

Does anyone have feedback on either of the centers, on suggestions on where to get the service done ‘near’ us?
2020 T@B 320 BD u / Toyota 4-runner / Whitefish MT

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,604
    You should also check with any AirStream Dealers in your area.
    Several AirStream models have the Alde.

Of course any dealer that did not sell you your trailer may give you really long service dates or decline even to work on your trailer.

Also, have you searched this forum for DIY glycol replacement.
    I just do the gravity change method which replaces about 50% of the glycol but does not require the extra pump hardware of a full 100% change.

Finally, while I have not been to R&R Liberty Lake a few of the Spokane TaB Owners Breakfast Club say R&R Liberty Lake and AirStream Spokane are good service shops.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    BridgerSunsetBridgerSunset Member Posts: 88
    You might consider Bretz's shop in Billings, as they have been selling T@Bs for several years now.  
    We bought ours there.  We've  had limited service dealings there for warranty work, but none for Alde yet.  It is my opinion that they have a certain fair level of competence with general camper issues.  But with the Alde, I feel they would have to be in constant consultation with Truma or Nucamp in order to service it in any way.  They seem to be able to reach out to Nucamp anyway.  Like everywhere, techs appear stretched and unseasoned.

It's not an endorsement - rather another option for you.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock  - Chev Silverado 3500HD 6.6L - Toyota 4Runner 4.0L
    SW Montana USA

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,501
    I always go to AirStream Spokane for any Alde issues. They know them and won’t mess them up. I’ve only purchased parts there but the guy I worked with it provided amazing customer service! As with other shops, not all are equal, and some only work on Airstreams. As @MuttonChops mentioned you can do this change yourself. I know @Dalehelman used a small compressor for the blowout. Good luck!  
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    bteljusbteljus Member Posts: 2
    We had the glycol and wheel bearings repacked this spring. R & R in Liberty Lake was where we took our tab. They were very helpful knew what I wanted and got me on the schedule within a week. I would say, they replaced the glycol with Century fluid. This is the older brand. I know NuCamp has changed glycol brands, so if that is important to you, you might ask about that. 
    I would recommend them.