Options

Fridge shelf brackets screwed in??

Getting some measurements today, and looking to see where we might be able to stash a milk jug to sate the wifes' milk obsession, I thought about adjusting the shelves in the fridge to gain enough height to put a just in the pull out box on the bottom.  At which point I noticed the brackets on one side of the fridge are apparently screwed into the wall of the fridge...

Is that the way they're supposed to be?  The look like they should be removable to allow you to adjust the shelf heights.  I mean, I can break out a screwdriver to free up the brackets...
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 133
    I have the 3-way fridge and use 1 or 2 of these for milk.  Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle (48oz) https://a.co/d/1W07u8i

They fit easily in the lower door shelf, as does a standard 1/2 gallon from the store.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 217
    I'd googled for the dimensions of a 1/2 gallon milk jug, looks like it all comes down to the HEIGHT of the jug, whether it will be small enough to fit the shelf in the fridge.  The first one I'd looked at (and OK, lazily stopped there) was ~9.5" high, and almost 4" square which from my tape measuring today, would've been too big.

Checking a few MORE sites and found some that are about 3" square which would fit.  Thank you @marleecamps for getting me to search again!
    Jay and Kat
  • Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 133
    All I can say is mine fits nicely - and I have not adjusted any shelves.

P.S.  These packing cubes are amazing.  Really helps me organize that wardrobe space.  Compression Packing Cubes for Travel, Set of 6, Color Grey, Double Zipper, LeanTravel https://a.co/d/arFqC3A

--Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    Regarding the milk, this camping season, I discovered shelf stable milk. I picked mine up at my local grocery as a flat of a dozen 8 oz bottles, which let me put just a few servings at a time in the fridge while keeping the rest of what I needed for the trip in a cabinet instead. It’s a bit more expensive that way, but it really freed up space in the fridge, so it was well worth it. And even on propane, I found that putting it in overnight chilled it nicely for the next day.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 217
    @marleecamps we just picked up some tupperware-like storage totes that will fit in the cabinet under the counter (where the 2-way fridge would be) we're going to use for clothes this trip but we'll keep the compression cubes in mind for down the road!

@VictoriaP I just told the wife to look for that when she goes to get groceries on Thursday for the trip!
    Jay and Kat
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    @Jay_and_Kat Let her know it wasn’t anywhere near the milk aisle; if I recall, it was with things like juice boxes, presumably sold for kids’ lunches. She may have to ask.

I know Amazon carries a brand or two in the 1 quart TetraPak boxes, which take up about half the footprint of a 1/2 gallon container (I use almond milk too, and got that packaged in the TetraPaks, which also worked out well for shelf stable storage that I could later chill in the fridge.) 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW