Options

Secure cabinet latches

Does anyone haveva recommendation for locking cabinet latches to replacement the stock ones. I have seen some on other rv’s that have a button to push to release the latch.
2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2022
    What model TaB do you have?  The overhead lockers on our TaB400 has standard push type latches that hold the doors closed, by friction catches.  The original owner wanted to go down desert unpaved roads and mountain fire roads, so they added positive catch strap locks to the two overhead doors.  

You can also buy the marine type, push-to-lock, latches used on the bottom galley locker and wardrobe door.  Careful layout and drilling is required to install them.  The latch straps just connect to,the cabinets side, and latch into a small bracket mounted on the front of the door.  See photos below:

Top photo show door in unlatched, strap stowed mode, and bottom photo shows how the strap latches to “secure for sea”.  Whilst not as elegant as some solutions, it works.  The strap and latch are held by two sided command type adhesive tape.
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    I added push button latches like in the newer 400s for my 2018 400 after replacing the broken plastic catches. Measured twice, drilled once  
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2022
    Nice Denis, I remember when you posted this mod.  I thought about doing this also, but the one latch comes out in the white Wave, which I doesn’t work for us.  The straps can be removed and cabinets look original. 

Another option, is to get some good pus-to-latch cabinet locks, which require a push from the outside pushing in to release.  This keeps shifting items in the locker from pushing the door open, which thenOEM plastic latches do not.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.