Options

First trip almost over, our thoughts so far...

Jay_and_KatJay_and_Kat Member Posts: 215
We've been QUITE happy with our 2022 T@B 400 BD so far.  We're still getting a feel for where we can put things that make SENSE for our style of camping so we preferably don't need to move stuff all the time to do something, although I suspect this is the norm in a small camper like this.

Well, unless you go to a nudist campground and don't plan to leave until your last day so you only need to bring along one change of clothes and a few towels...   :smiley:  o:)

Our one minor gripe, so far is, it would be nice of the windows were on a hydraulic arm, so they'd stay in place until you can lock the arms...

As for the towing of the camper, in my other post about the weight and such, the folks who said it tows BETTER with water in the fresh tank, were right.  It didn't feel as "bouncy" going along the freeway with a full tank, as when the tank is empty.  But boy did my gas mileage take a hit!

I suspect we're going to have lots of enjoyable adventures over the coming years with this camper!
----------------------------------------------------------
Jay and Kat
Tow vehicle:  2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S + tow package
Camper:  2022 T@B 400 Boondock w/Norcold 3-way fridge

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    We have had our (new to us) 2019 400 two years now and we continue to enjoy and learn each time we take a trip. We find that shorter trips are now just as enjoyable. I worry about the systems in our camper due to the many reports in the forum, but in reality we have had very few issues and everything for the most part just works. So we can relax and camp.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    Well, that wasn't so bad!  Stopped on our way back home to flush the grey and black tanks, our state parks allow you, with a special "stamp" on your plate, to use their flush stations for $10.

They even already had a dump hose attached, so it was a case of:
    1. Open drain cover
    2. Attach dump hose
    3. Attach our black-clean water hose to the end of the "unsafe" water hookup
    4. Open grey tank while doing #3
    5. Wait
    6. And wait
    7. Close grey tank valve, open the black tank
    8. Wait
    9. Turn on the water to run the "rinse cycle" for the black tank
    10. Close everything up, have the wife coil our hose up, use the "unsafe" water line to rinse the dump hose (which stays attached to the dump pit), close everything up and then backtrack a little ways to get breakfast
    Now our camper is in the hands of the dealership to try to get our water system woes fixed before our next trip...
    Jay and Kat
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    Many people dump the black tank first, and then the grey tank.  The grey water serves as a first flush of the sewer hose.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    I'd mentally been planning the black first, then grabbed the grey handle...

Next time, black first!
    (Thankfully, because of our plumbing issues, no "solid" waste in the black this trip)
    Jay and Kat
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    I think I did that my first time too.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 133
    Another tip that has saved me is to open the grey valve first - just for a moment - to make sure your connection is tight.  Then close and move onto the black tank, folliwed by the grey.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    Hoogie69Hoogie69 Member Posts: 31
    Soooo, if someone left the water on in the sink and filled the graywater tank, do I read that I can dump some of the graywater with out dumping the black water?  

2022 T@B 400 BD, with 2-way refrigerator and AllPro Awning
    TV is a 2021 Honda Passport Elite w/ transmission cooler and Redarc Liberty Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Yes. Each tank has its own handle and valve for dumping. We always dump more gray than black. You can easily dump some gray into a 5 gallon bucket if you are not hooked up to a dump station. We often do that when boon docking to put out our camp fire. You can ease open the gray valve and due to the size and slope of the gray waste pipe it comes out slowly. Don’t ever try that with the black!!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    GigHarborTomGigHarborTom Member Posts: 76
    Our years ago Casita ( miss that un ) had an extension of sort for the under front valve handle.
    One of these days I'll do something like that. With my old arthritic back rapidly dissolving, I just hate having to ask my honey to do so much.
    Gig Harbor Tom
    2020 TAB 320 S Boondock Lite
    2019 Toyota 4 Runner
    Puget Sound Country