Options

Camco Wireless RV EZ Level

CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
Does anyone use the Camco Wireless RV EZ Level? It isn't a new product, but I didn't get any results when I searched the site.
2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country

Comments

• Options
    jbajorjbajor Member Posts: 136
    Just got the wireless bluetooth version...  now all I need is my camper!  I tried it out and it seems to work great.  I could not imagine using the non-wireless version
    Ultimate Toys Teardrop Camper
    Volvo XC-40
    SF Bay Area, California
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    If you have an iPad and an iPhone (or two iPhones) you can use an IOS app called Level Remote.  The App links the two devices, I put one on the counter or floor (iPad) and use the iPhone in the TV, which displays the level status of the TaB measured by the iPad.  Works great, and not expensive, if you have the two required IOS devices.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    Denny16 said:
    If you have an iPad and an iPhone (or two iPhones) you can use an IOS app called Level Remote.  The App links the two devices, I put one on the counter or floor (iPad) and use the iPhone in the TV, which displays the level status of the TaB measured by the iPad.  Works great, and not expensive, if you have the two required IOS devices.
     Cheers 
    Is this the right app?
    https://apps.apple.com/nz/app/caravan-level-remote/id1130156903
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Thanks @Denny16 - assume it's the Caravan Level Remote that @Marceline provided the link for?
    I have an Android but we have 2 iPads and my wife has an iPhone. The description on the app site is a bit confusing as it says you need both BT and wifi, but assume the latter is needed only for download.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @Marceline and @CharlieRN Yes, yes it is.  This App works great and easy to use.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    I'm trying to get more information on this, but it looks like the app only works remotely with two iphones, or an Apple watch and iphone. If you have an ipad, you need a wifi connection for remote viewing.
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,505
    edited July 2022
    CharlieRN said:
    I'm trying to get more information on this, but it looks like the app only works remotely with two iphones, or an Apple watch and iphone. If you have an ipad, you need a wifi connection for remote viewing.
    I installed the app yesterday on an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and I don't believe that this is correct. I think that WiFi needs to be turned on, but you don't need to have the iPad connected to a WiFi network.

https://www.ignitedsoftware.com/products/level-remote/userguide/#troubleshooting
    "Remember you don’t need a Wi-Fi network to use Level Remote’s remote feature."
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Just to add, the device that is being used as the remote (in the TaB) needs to have Share selected on lower right hand corner of the screen.  The device used to view the remote select Connect in upper right hand corner of the screen.  Both devices need to have Bluetooth and WiFi turned on, but an external WiFi connection is not required.
     Cheers